DATS v3 - rough impedance sweeps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different issue . ( @ least on WT3 )
    Won ' t calibrate @ all with wrong settings .....

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
      I can't say why it's so rough, but so long as you see the peaks and valley it's telling you what you want to know.
      It's "not" telling me what I want to know - since I have to guess at what value is correct unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
        That is not a "less smoothing" issue. It is clearly noise, caused by poor signal to noise ratio, improperly set gains, or a cold solder joint/bad wire connection.
        Inside the WT3 itself??

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Roemer View Post
          (Even though it LOOKs like the orig. "WT3 Beta Testers" forum has been culled ...)

I'm pretty sure that I contacted John re: one of the (WT2? / WT3?) "upgrades" which suffered from this exact same problem, and he said it was an easy fix, and he FIXED it !
          Fixed it how?? Did you have to send it back??

Comment

Originally posted by n8skow View Post

Inside the WT3 itself??
            Possibly.
            Craig

The lowest possible F3 box alignment is not always the best alignment.

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Comment

It ended up just being a software "adjustment".

Comment

Chris and n8skow, did you ever find out what gave the edgy impedance curves with DATS V3? I see the same problem with my setup and have not been able to fix it.

What was the SW adjustment?

I have upgraded from V2 to V3 and they give very different results. All standard settings checked, like 44/16, dual channel aso.

All input appreciated

Kind regards
                //Rob

Comment

Originally posted by n8skow View Post
                  I've owned the DATS v1, v2, and now (after waiting 4 months) the v3.

I immediately noticed - when doing an impedance sweep to examine the tuning of a given enclosure - Z is all over the place. What was a smooth curve in v1 and v2 is now a rough mountain range in v3. What gives?
                  It looks like the test signal is too weak. Make sure the Windows playback level for DATS is at maximum and also make sure the Record Level is at maximum at the Sound control panel. Finally make sure the sweep level is set at maximum (+10 dBu) at the signal generator page. Here is what it should look like:

Click image for larger version

Name:	sweep level.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	1438507

Best Regards,
                  John
                  John L. Murphy
                  Physicist/Audio Engineer
                  True Audio

Comment

Originally posted by RABrown View Post
                    I have a related question of I could jump into your thread. After an upgrade to Windows 10 my DATA v2 no longer works. Is v2 supposed to work with 10? Thanks!
                    Yes, it works fin e with Windows 10. But Microsoft has now enabled "microphone privacy" so you have the give permission to apps to use the "microphone" at: Settings/Privacy/Microphone.

Best Regards,
                    John
                    John L. Murphy
                    Physicist/Audio Engineer
                    True Audio

Comment

No issue here on a Dell laptop with Windows 10 Enterprise running DATS v3 with latest software. Woofer and Tweeter impedance sweeps are smooth (apart from environment or reflection induced ripples)

Comment

Working...
                      X