New Forum feature??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum feature??

Is this a new forum feature or has it been there all along and I've never noticed it. Started using it recently after someone replied to one of my comments this way. Took me a while to find their response the first time, lol. Had received an email notification but couldn't find their comment after searching all of the posted responses, finally realized they responded in my own post.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Comment.png
Views:	235
Size:	350.9 KB
ID:	1431694
    My "No-Name" CC Speaker
    Kerry's "Silverbacks"
    Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
    The Archers
    Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
    The Gandalf's

It is a new feature. I don't really like it, because while you received a notification not everyone does. There could be a pretty long thread and someone could add a "comment" to an early post and most people would never see it.

Comment

Originally posted by a4eaudio View Post
      It is a new feature. I don't really like it, because while you received a notification not everyone does. There could be a pretty long thread and someone could add a "comment" to an early post and most people would never see it.
      Good point. I can see where it might help keep threads from turning into books but at what cost.
      My "No-Name" CC Speaker
      Kerry's "Silverbacks"
      Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
      The Archers
      Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
      The Gandalf's

Comment

I like it if it's a comment somewhat off topic. Like "will you ever rent an audi again"? Not everyone knows what we are talking about...
        John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

• Kevin K.
          Kevin K. commented
          Editing a comment
          That makes sense. It could also serve to hold down on thread lengths when being courteous and replying to compliments on new projects. And no, I'll never rent an Audi again, lol. Call me superstitious.

I actually really like the reactions feature over at MAC and wish they had it here. It shows that people checked in and liked your post, without necessarily having anything additional to post on the matter.

Comment

When "improvements" happen to stuff that's generally been working well, I often think about this old phrase: "Just because you can, doesn't mean you should". I don't particularly like this new "feature".
          Paul

Comment

It's almost a step in reverse back to the old 'outline' formatted forum software.
            Later,
            Wolf
            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
            http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Bots will comment on posts from 2011 and never get flagged. Or seen, for that matter.

Comment

Personally, I don't like it. But then again, more and more I am turning into a 'get off my lawn' kind of guy.

Comment

I do think John has a good point about "off-topic" comments.
                  In a thread for "help with a crossover design" there may be several posts about "I love that dark stain on the veneer on your speaker in the background, what is it?" which might belong in the comments area.

Comment

Working...
                  X