• Show
Clear All

• ttan98
    replied
    WOlf & DrJay, helpful thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Drjay
    replied
    The PR has a centered metal disc at the rear, inner apex of the cone which has a M5 threaded hole in it. I took a 200 gram fishing egg sinker, pounded it semi flat, drilled the original hole for the fishing line out to the diameter of the M5 bolt and fastened it to the back of the cone. It is pretty simple to do if you have access to a gram scale and lead egg sinkers.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Uh, remove wingnut, weigh out washers to 180g, and add to PR bolt and reattach wingnut?
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• ttan98
    replied
    Originally posted by Drjay View Post
    I built the Cerberus 12 inch OD cube sub which uses this driver but was unhappy with it as designed because of excessive port noise. Following the suggestions of some folks here on Tech Talk, I replaced the port with the the 10 inch DS270 PR with 180 grams of additional weight. I was worried about using that much weight, but was told by PE tech support that it was OK. The result sounds very good, has an output of 100db before reaching the PR Xmax of 11mm and models an F3 of 31Hz.
    Hi,
    I am just curious , "How do you add MASS to a Passive driver?" Please elaborate. Maybe easiest way take an image and write a few notes explaining. Thks.

Leave a comment:

• Drjay
    replied
    I built the Cerberus 12 inch OD cube sub which uses this driver but was unhappy with it as designed because of excessive port noise. Following the suggestions of some folks here on Tech Talk, I replaced the port with the the 10 inch DS270 PR with 180 grams of additional weight. I was worried about using that much weight, but was told by PE tech support that it was OK. The result sounds very good, has an output of 100db before reaching the PR Xmax of 11mm and models an F3 of 31Hz.

Leave a comment:

• Millstonemike
    replied
    Originally posted by steve henry View Post

that's where these 4 came from. ...
    lmao.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Henry
    replied
    Thanks to all for the responses!!

Leave a comment:

• Steve Henry
    replied
    Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post
    And didn't Darren Kuzma do something with four of them a long time ago? I think it was called 'Boogieman" or something like that. I thought it used slot vents and was fairly flat shaped.

TomZ

Here it is: http://projectgallery.parts-express....the-boogieman/
    Not a PR alignment, but might help give you ideas.
    That's where these 4 came from. I built it for an under-the-bed sub. But we ended up getting a platform bed that made it unusable. After it sitting a few years, I just scrapped the enclosure.

Leave a comment:

• billfitzmaurice
    replied
    I had some on hand a few years ago that I put in the doors of the wife's car. It might not have been ideal loading but they sounded a lot better than the OEM.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    And didn't Darren Kuzma do something with four of them a long time ago? I think it was called 'Boogieman" or something like that. I thought it used slot vents and was fairly flat shaped.

TomZ

Here it is: http://projectgallery.parts-express....the-boogieman/
    Not a PR alignment, but might help give you ideas.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    The Tenacious Bass 6 and 8 Subwoofers | Parts Express Project Gallery

Leave a comment:

• stephenmarklay
    commented on 's reply
    That explains why I was having problem getting a PR design that looked decent.

• stephenmarklay
    commented on 's reply
    That is interesting… I think mine was close to .6cf but I remembered that as being larger than what I thought was optimal I am just be remembering it wrong too

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    Well, the DS270-PR looks okay (in 0.60cf) IF it can take +140g (not sure that it can)?
    And a pair of DS215s SEEMs good (in 0.80cf) w/75g added to each.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    I found it works in anything from 0.4 to 3.0ft^3. The problem with the PR alignments is finding an appropriate PR that will work well with this beast. The 8" DS215-PR is not up to the task; single overloads, and 2-3 can't tune low enough in the boxes required. You need to use the 10" in that series for the bare minimum.

I don't know of an official PR design for the 1139 that has held sway.
    Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

Working...
X