X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stephenmarklay
    replied
    Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post

I've had no issue with Corian holding threads. Nor any problem drilling with conventional bits or fostener. Same with routing. The only "issue" was that an 1/8" hole was 1/8"! Made getting my router pin a bit of a hassle lol.
    Ok cool! I will take my tie and practice on scraps. Much obliged

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied
    Originally posted by cap View Post
    forstner bits have a grab type cut. You will not get control with them as they bite in . Id get a end mill and mount it in the router and run it on slow speed. That also corian does not hold threads and will need inserts or through bolts and easy on the torque ! Did you use corian gun to glue it?
    I've had no issue with Corian holding threads. Nor any problem drilling with conventional bits or fostener. Same with routing. The only "issue" was that an 1/8" hole was 1/8"! Made getting my router pin a bit of a hassle lol.

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied
    I use Irwin fostener bits on Corian all the time. As with any material, put a scrap board under it. No issues whatsoever

Leave a comment:

• cap
    replied
    forstner bits have a grab type cut. You will not get control with them as they bite in . Id get a end mill and mount it in the router and run it on slow speed. That also corian does not hold threads and will need inserts or through bolts and easy on the torque ! Did you use corian gun to glue it?

Leave a comment:

• Dukk
    replied
    I'm thinking a Forstner bit with a 'wave edge' would be your best bet in controlling edge chipping. I have not attempted this however.

Leave a comment:

• stephenmarklay
    started a topic Corian: Can I use a forstner bit?

Corian: Can I use a forstner bit?

I have routed Corian successfully buti it is pretty messy. I drilled it yesterday and also recessed the holes ok too. I did see that if I go to fast it will chip the edges of the hole. Slow works better.

But I have not used a forester bit to know if it is something that has a clean enough cut.

I could probably use the forstner bit on 3/4 ply to act as a guide for a template bit.

Thoughts?
Working...
X