Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf
    replied
    It is amazing what they are capable of. Dynamic and extended in both directions. They just need more power to sing is all. I felt they held their own compared to the Statements.

Sure- you could build a set with the FN, but I cannot verify the outcome will even remotely resemble the performance of the Ushers. Small, yes- but they do weigh 60 pounds!

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• analogkid442
    replied
    I hear ya. I love how small they are for a full range system. Have you measured them, in room? What do they go down to?

My thought on the FN was, if someone wanted to build these, they could use the Daytons instead of the Ushers.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    It was just released about 1.5 years ago, so it is really new. My guess relating to the AN, that it won't reach low enough to meet the woofer. I entertained the Visatons, and the performance was not good in 3rd party measurements. I looked into the HiVis, but the impedance was too low to make it work. The Morel MDM55 and EM1308 don't play low enough. So- you can see the issues I was confronted with. The Usher was/is just the perfect driver for that pair.

I built them in 2009, and I still listen to them often.

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• analogkid442
    replied
    What about the FN?

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    I don't like the RS52AN, so that is why that did not happen.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• analogkid442
    replied
    I got everything I needed from your photos. I just thought it was a cool build. But thanks for chiming in on it. I do think with a reworked crossover, the Dayton dome midrange would work well.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    I never did publish the full xover, as the midrange drivers went NLA. What do you want to know?
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• analogkid442
    replied
    Nevermind, I found it. http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...s-preliminary/

Leave a comment:

• analogkid442
    started a topic Wolf Attitudes

Wolf Attitudes

I found an old thread, that I lost now, about these speakers. I looked high and low and can't find any info on them. I know it's an old design but I was just very curious about the drivers and crossover. I bet they were really great full range speakers.
    I am building some 3-ways with the RSS210HO, so I thought I would look at these to compare my design to. I am using Seas titanium dome tweeters and Scan Speak 4" fiberglass mids with mine.
Working...
X