Sealed ultimax 12 tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sealed ultimax 12 tuning

I have finished my inwall subwoofer build (see previous posts for the WHY?). I ended up with about 5 cubic feet of internal space after bracing things and creating a mounting bracket for the sub. I ended up getting a Dayton 500 watt DSP plate amp to power the sub (Dayton ultimax 12). At the recommendations of others I am going to keep it sealed and try and tune it with the DSP function. However, I no longer have a PC some I don't have a way to do in room measurements. Would anyone be willing to suggest a starting EQ for the system?

Best,

Nick

EQ will be different in every room, and it will also vary around the room, so without measuring in your room at your primary listening position it's a shot in the dark. I believe there are iphone/android measurement apps, but I've never tried one.
    www.billfitzmaurice.com
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

That seems reasonable. I will look into the options.

Comment

Dayton iMM6

Absolute cheapest way to start using measurements. The AudioTools app on your phone will get you a decent RTA. It will be difficult to tune narrow dips / peaks, but you can get the general idea. Typically those are from room mode cancellations and can't be EQ'd out anyway.
        Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
        Wogg Music
        Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat, SuperNova Minimus

Comment

Working...
        X