Utility project ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utility project ...

I've been out of the car audio scene for years now so I've forgotten lot of design and function.

I've recently found an itch I want to scratch. I keep seeing these craptastic all in 1 mobile audio boxes with bluetooth capabilities from walmart ($100+/-) or wherever in fresh hell they came from. They sound horrible. I was thinking with a jig saw and a drill with a hole saw... I'm sure I could build something better for maybe a little more then those sorry excuses for entertainment.

My question is how would I set this up for a utility design? Meaning should I have a sub and a 2way above it or just a mid with a tweeter above it for a all in 1 box design?... or maybe there's another design I'm not familiar with.

The main reason I'm calling this a utility design is because I want to use it in a shop setting or maybe through a tv or phone with bluetooth as part of a surround sound application. I figure the electronics will be my kryptonite but I'm planning for this to be a long term project.

I've been out of the car audio scene for so long that I barely remember any of it and I don't think I ever dabbled in home audio so it's ok to explain things to me like I'm the slow kid lol.

TIA!

Do you have a link to one of the units you ' re interested in using ?

Comment

I'm not sure what brands of equipment I want yet. I was thinking about figuring out the set up then seeing what manufacturer has the subs/mids/tweeters i need. Or am I going about this this wrong way?

Comment

Your might want to look in the Project area on the website and see if you see any projects that are similar to what you want to build.

Comment

Originally posted by howard View Post
          Your might want to look in the Project area on the website and see if you see any projects that are similar to what you want to build.

Thanks, for whatever reason that never crossed my mind i guess because I was thinking this was one of those builds that was kinda like a love child of Kermit the frog and Ms piggy.

Comment

I'm looking through the project area but I'm not seeing a single project/design similar to what I'm trying to do. I see a few bluetooth projects and a few stand alone speaker systems with a decent sub... but nothing combined... unless I can make a car audio head unit work ...

Comment

Still not what I'm looking for. I appreciate everyone that read and commented. I will figure this out eventually on my own. Moderators can delete my posts

TIA!

Comment

Working...
              X