Port tube minimum distance from interior wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port tube minimum distance from interior wall

The port I have and the length I need is leaving the end of the rear mounted port too close to the front baffle. What is the minumum distance that would be allowable?

I am using the 1 1/8 tapered port from PE.

Thank you!

One port diameter is a rule of thumb.
    Francis

Comment

Exactly as fpitas stated. 2” port, 2” clearance and so on.

Comment

I do agree with the "1 pipe diameter" clearance recommendation, but I've fudged that a bit without problems, like 1.75" for a 2" diameter tube.
        Paul

Comment

Whatcha got?

Comment

Ok perfect.

Chris, I am finalizing the Duane’s Dayton 4 and I am using the tapered 1 1/8 inch port he suggested. My box is a tad shallow for the 6.5” so I am going to cut it down an inch probably. I need to look at the WinISD model again but I think I am ok with tuning around 60hz but that is from memory. The next box size is around 0.13 ft^3.

Comment

You'll be fine.

Comment

Thanks Chris. I looked at the modeling and it does seem fine. I cut them down to 5.5”. I am actually not sure where the tuning is exactly as the port is tapered front to back. I am sure I could figure it out close enough but I just estimated it.

Really it only changes the slight bump before it starts to trail off.

Thank again!

Comment

Working...
                X