3D printed trim rings for TC9FD-18-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D printed trim rings for TC9FD-18-8

I recently bought a 3d printer. These were on yeggi and I had to try to print them. They snap on and fit really well. Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Nice, I've been curious about this speaker.

Comment

I'm printing another now. The front of the TC9 isn't pretty. This will make front mounting of the speaker on the baffle possible. Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Comment

I may try the nola brio clone now. Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Comment

That looks really nice: now you've got a Scan-Speak 10F for about a fifth the price!

Well done

Geoff

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff Millar View Post
            That looks really nice: now you've got a Scan-Speak 10F for about a fifth the price! Well done Geoff
            I think when they are painted they will be really nice. Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kered View Post
              I may try the nola brio clone now. Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
              Not trying to hijack the thread, but go for it as long as you have a subwoofer to use with them. Absolute requirement. But this little driver is really something special.
              Mike
              "We're speaker geeks, not speaker nerds. Nerds make money!" Marty H
              Bismarck, North Dakota
              My Current System: Jolida SJ502A, Squeezebox Touch, and Carmody Sunflowers
              My Garage System:Marantz 2238B and Nano-Neos

Comment

I'm printing another now. The front of the TC9 isn't pretty. This will make front mounting of the speaker on the baffle possible. Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk
                Any chance you'll be selling any?
                Bismarck, North Dakota

Comment

Yes, I would be open to selling a few.

Comment

Yes, I would be open to selling a few.
                    How much would you want for a pair? or a few pairs?
                    Bismarck, North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by mikejennens View Post

Not trying to hijack the thread, but go for it as long as you have a subwoofer to use with them. Absolute requirement. But this little driver is really something special.
                      Mike
                      I have some of the 4 dollar buyout 4x6 subs that I hope to utilize. Not really sure how at the moment. Maybe Nola Brio on top of a slim dual sub tower on each side. Not sure how it would sound, but at least it would be cheap.

Comment

Your printed rings look very nice. I really like how the TC9FD's sound, not so found of their frame shape. So for clarification, with your cosmetic trim rings: you surface mount the TC9FD with four #6 pan head wood screws, then snap fit these rings over the frame? I assume you left extra clearance space for the fasteners' heads. Thanks for sharing.
                        ​​​​​
                        ​​
                        Craig

The lowest possible F3 box alignment is not always the best alignment.

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Comment

I have some of the 4 dollar buyout 4x6 subs that I hope to utilize. Not really sure how at the moment. Maybe Nola Brio on top of a slim dual sub tower on each side. Not sure how it would sound, but at least it would be cheap.
                          I use a single Voxel sub with mine and am pretty impressed. I've given some consideration to building a pair tall enough to incorporate a Voxel in each one,
                          Mike
                          Bismarck, North Dakota

Comment

Can you provide the link to the STL files? I'm curious how the original designer did the design - I have a pair of 5FE100's that I need to design some trim rings for. Any tricks for cutting down on the number of test prints would be handy.

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
                              Your printed rings look very nice. I really like how the TC9FD's sound, not so found of their frame shape. So for clarification, with your cosmetic trim rings: you surface mount the TC9FD with four #6 pan head wood screws, then snap fit these rings over the frame? I assume you left extra clearance space for the fasteners' heads. Thanks for sharing.
                              ​​​​​
                              ​​
                              I didn't design it, but it looks like that it should work just like that. There is a recess where the screw head should be. The rings snap on very tightly. I/m honestly surprised the print works that well. PLA can shrink differently depending on brand. You can resize the print slightly in the slicer to compensate.

Comment

Working...
                              X