X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axpona 2020

Axopna has been moved to Aug. 7 - 9
    craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

I'm assuming this is in response to the Coronavirus. I understand the precautions but am curious why the decision makers feel things will be any better a few months down the road. Have heard summer heat may slow it down but are they making decisions based on that?
    My "No-Name" CC Speaker
    Kerry's "Silverbacks"
    Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
    The Archers
    Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
    The Gandalf's

Comment

When it warms up and the sun shines the virus will die
      craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Originally posted by craigk View Post
        When it warms up and the sun shines the virus will die
        Just a quick search on whether or not spring and summer will affect this virus. It seems some think it will and others aren't sure.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...warmer-weather

The key thing I took away from the article is this: It's not summer everywhere at the same time.
        My "No-Name" CC Speaker
        Kerry's "Silverbacks"
        The Archers
        The Gandalf's

Comment

Summer heat and humidity causes the virus' molecules to become heavy and fall to the ground, not being able to be transmitted in the air nearly as much if at all. Right now Singapore, which is hot and humid, has been affected very little by the coronavirus.
          Paul

Originally posted by Kevin K. View Post
          I'm assuming this is in response to the Coronavirus. I understand the precautions but am curious why the decision makers feel things will be any better a few months down the road. Have heard summer heat may slow it down but are they making decisions based on that?

Comment

Heat and ultra violet light caise the protien in the virus to delaminate. The shape can't fit in the receptor sie in your DNA then. So you can't get the virus then if it cannot bind to anything
            craigk

Comment

Interesting. Guess this is one time where Texas summer heat can be a blessing.
              My "No-Name" CC Speaker
              Kerry's "Silverbacks"
              The Archers
              The Gandalf's

Comment

Originally posted by craigk View Post
                Heat and ultra violet light caise the protien in the virus to delaminate. The shape can't fit in the receptor sie in your DNA then. So you can't get the virus then if it cannot bind to anything
                That would not seem to explain any change in transmission from human to contaminated surface to human while indoors in climate controlled environment.
                "Our Nation’s interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised
                of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance."
                - from the October 2007 U.S. Naval capstone doctrine
                A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower
                (a lofty notion since removed in the March 2015 revision)

Comment

Originally posted by JRT View Post

That would not seem to explain any change in transmission from human to contaminated surface to human while indoors in climate controlled environment.
                  It does because in climate controlled environments there is no temperature change. So the virus can just sit there until a host comes along. A virus is not dead or alive, so they have their own set of rules to play by.
                  craigk

Comment

Ironic I was asking questions, this happened today. This is where Kole and I live and where he goes to school.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/al...cid=spartandhp
                    My "No-Name" CC Speaker
                    Kerry's "Silverbacks"
                    The Archers
                    The Gandalf's

Comment

Working...
                    X