My music makers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My music makers

These aren't playback devices, but they are the comfortable friend that has been with me for almost 30 years, and never let me down. It was time to give them some serious love. I contemplated a straight up restoration, as well as a crazy number of customization options with artwork and exotic veneer being my 2 finalist contenders. When I talked about my ideas with my friend Nan, she was loving the idea's and wanted to do the artwork. So off I went with stripping them down, and glue removal, followed by sanding to the level that I wanted. I had help from Tink the dog, who also happens to be my main music listening pal. I cannot wait to get these back together and play that first gig with them. I love everything that Nan did! Enjoy. Glenn. https://photos.app.goo.gl/pqwfoc8R5o7SiWQJ9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7qnQgD3Zq11ukCim8

Very cool!
    Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
    Wogg Music
    Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat, SuperNova Minimus

Comment

Your a lucky man!

Comment

Nifty! What brand drums are they? Black hardware would look fantastic on those.
        A mains
        The Ventures
        Open Invit8tions
        RSR
        Sound Troopers
        Acorns
        DGBG's
        The Monuments

Comment

Originally posted by 6thplanet View Post
          Nifty! What brand drums are they? Black hardware would look fantastic on those.
          Slingerland Artist 5 ply maple/mahogany. They're HSS era shells, and they are great sounding drums. I spent about 3 hours cleaning and polishing the hardware up, and reassembling the Tom's. I have the snare and kick left. All chrome hardware. I love black hardware against white marine pearl, but I wanted to retain the chrome for this kit. Did you ever finish up the Hartke cab with the custom grill? I loved that baby. If you get up to Indy, get in touch and we can jam. I have a full rehearsal studio set up here. Glenn.

Comment

Originally posted by Psycoacoustics View Post
            Your a lucky man!
            Yes, sir, I am! And I am thankful, and grateful! Glenn.

Comment

Unfortunately the weather got crappy before I could finish the grill. That'll happen this year. I did get to actually play through the cab a few times now. Found a new band to jam with. That thing is awesome!! They tune to C, so I had to watch the Xmas as far as bass EQ, otherwise it pleases me. Can't wait to get the other one made.
              We definitely have a shortage of good drummers around here. Would be cool to jam with you.
              A mains
              The Ventures
              Open Invit8tions
              RSR
              Sound Troopers
              Acorns
              DGBG's
              The Monuments

Comment

https://photos.app.goo.gl/aoGkRdpuB845KYK56
                Our new backdrop and lighting truss is in. 10'×8'. I have a custom matching graphic for the kick head on the way. I can't get my pics to upload, hence the link. 6thp, if you want, PM your number and we can set something up! 🤟Glenn.

Comment

Working...
                X