Jeff Bagby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Bagby

Many of you may know Jeff Bagby and understand his importance to our hobby and industry as a whole. Some newer members here might not recognize his name, but the software you may be using for crossover design was likely written by Jeff, or built on the foundation he helped to create. He was very active on this forum when I joined and he selflessly helped countless people as they learned the craft we all enjoy. I don't personally know Jeff, so I'll Copy & Paste a Javad's post from the DIY Loudspeaker Project Pad -

Everyone, a quick update on Jeff Bagby - he is still very sick, he has a severe case of viral pneumonia, he is still in an induced coma and is still breathing assisted by a respirator.

He has improved slightly over the week so that is the good news, he is breathing more on his own, from almost 100% respirator Monday to 55% on his own today, with less assistance from the machine.

He is still in the ICU and in critical condition.

If you’d like to support him do 2 things:

1 - pray for his health and safety, that his body can fight off this viral infection.

2 - consider donating to his go fund me, he will have a long road of recovery: https://www.gofundme.com/f/JeffBagby

I will do an update on a day or two pending on homie he’s doing, thanks guys

Co-conspirator in the development of the "CR Gnarly Fidelity Reduction Unit" - Registered Trademark, Patent Pending.

Thanks for that alert, Tom. Transplant patients are always more vulnerable to the latest sicknesses. Will certainly pray for Jeff's rapid recovery.

Comment

I just saw this update from Chuck Morris posted 2 days ago - very encouraging, but he's not completely out of the woods yet, so please keep him in your thoughts.

"He is still sedated but is on the vent for 45%. Which means he is doing most of the breathing. This is a huge improvement! His numbers are improving so hopefully they can bring him out of sedation soon."
      Co-conspirator in the development of the "CR Gnarly Fidelity Reduction Unit" - Registered Trademark, Patent Pending.

Comment

OMG, I was unaware of this latest battle.
        I was in touch with him a few weeks ago and he mentioned nothing at the time; maybe it hadn't started then.
        Jeff has been battling kidney disease for years, then had a transplant/immunosuppression, leaving him vulnerable to other ijnfections like this. He's had other struggles with complications of this immunosuppression, but the pneumonia was news to me. Glad he's showing signs of improvement, my prayers are with him. He is really a terrific individual. Hope his family is doing well also.

Steve

Comment

Makes my current trials seem trivial. All the best Jeff.
          Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Believe he recently underwent Chemotherapy as well, he's had a rough go of it for some time now. Hoping he pulls through this OK and can get back to good health. Our thoughts are with him and his family.
            My "No-Name" CC Speaker
            Kerry's "Silverbacks"
            Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
            The Archers
            Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
            The Gandalf's

Comment

And to further state- he does not nor did he have cancer. In his susceptible immunosuppressed situ, sometimes brute force is taken to prevent a problem from coming to light, whether it actually would or not.

Get well, Jeff,
              Wolf
              "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
              "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
              "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
              "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
              http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

I was wondering recently how Jeff was doing and wasn't at all aware of his current problems. Hope he recovers soon.
                Paul

Comment

Well crud. tt does not specifically state but the possibility is there he contracted Coronavirus.

Please be safe you guys and do what you can to stop the spread. I have a feeling we are all going to have a rough go…

Get well soon Jeff. I am encouraged by what was posted.

Comment

I sure do hope that he gets back to good health, and I hope for his families emotional well being. Life and health are so easy to take for granted, and neither are guaranteed. Godspeed, Jeff, and peace and serenity to your family. Glenn.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                      And to further state- he does not nor did he have cancer. In his susceptible immunosuppressed situ, sometimes brute force is taken to prevent a problem from coming to light, whether it actually would or not.

Get well, Jeff,
                      Wolf
                      What was the chemo for then ?
                      craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

I don't know how much I can say, but just that a precursory chemo course was given to him for a reason that people with normal immune systems (if found in them) would not have had the doctors even batting an eye. They eliminated the possibility altogether that it might occur via the chemo.

He told me about this at Grand Rapids DIY.

Later,
                        Wolf
                        "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                        "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                        "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                        http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Any updates on how Jeff is doing??

Comment

He is still in ICU on the ventilator as of this morning. Currently at 70% on the vent. They are working to get him off of it as soon as possible. He wakes up when the nurses come in and even has facetimed with his wife and son. He is understandably weak but he is fighting.
                            https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Working...
                            X