No announcement yet.

OT Cvirus - mods remove please if inappropriate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure about your area, but here tests are in short supply and are only administered to those considered high risk. The 'real' number of infections is undoubtedly a multiple of the 'confirmed' cases.

Hope things turn out ok Millstonemike. Get well dude. And yea, then only times running and alcohol simultaneously existed in my life had very little to do with getting over a cold.
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...khanspires-but
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...pico-neo-build
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...ensation-build

Comment

Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post

Glad you're being careful and smart. Any thoughts on getting a test, or they just don't test without a fever I guess. I don't drink, but what type of alcohol is good for what you've got?

TomZ
      I will be tested. Have to know for sure, for a few reasons. But now is not a good time to do it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Test.png
Views:	257
Size:	462.1 KB
ID:	1434639

Name:	Test 2.png
Views:	244
Size:	504.5 KB
ID:	1434640

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	distance.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.2 KB ID:	1434646

Comment

Originally posted by ontariomaximus View Post
          click image for larger version name:	distance.jpg views:	0 size:	37.2 kb id:	1434646
          lmao!

Comment

I came down with a common cold, so rang up the government health hotline in QLD, did a quick assessment, told me to go to the GP within a week, yep a week, tried to get in on the same day was told they are booked right up, put down on a cancellation list as i was already working from home. Got the phone call, went down, they met me in the carpark all suited up, gave me a free mask and hurried me through the back doors to avoid the crowds. Turns out it was just the common cold as expected, but still a bit of a freaky experience in the height of all of the panic. Like Geoff said, the locals are punching on over toilet paper and raiding the shelves like we are going to run out of food.

People are a bit on edge, but considering we arent as populated as other countries i think a few weeks playing it safe and working from home is better than hugging all new arrivals at the airport

Comment

Originally posted by Millstonemike View Post
              My Doc prescribed a Z-pack as a precaution against bacterial pneumonia. And I'm taking my Grandmother's go-to medicine: alcohol. No running to go with that
              I had a 5 day azithromycin prescription a few weeks ago when some bacterial stuff piggybacked onto my flu. Pick up some probiotic supplements, yogurt and other friendly gut flora and take them 2-3 hours after the antibiotic. Those antibiotics make you feel like you traded a lung flu for a stomach flu!

Comment

Name:	AGWcanSaveUsfromCovid19.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	1434652

Comment

Originally posted by Millstonemike View Post
                  And I'm taking my Grandmother's go-to medicine: alcohol. No running to go with that
                  Alcohol is a toxin. It weakens your immune system. Not the best idea atm.
                  http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

My work generates 70% of it's overall revenue via breakfast food for hotels. You have likely eaten what I make.

We are currently devastated, I am working from home currently (not only due to this incipient pandemic, but also because I fell down some stairs in my new home and destroyed my left knee). I, and the rest of our 230 employees will be taking a 20% paycut come Monday, and I will be laying off 15% of my team as well. We are going to a 4 day work week - so effectively the paycut is the result of unpaid Fridays off. I would be more keen if I were mobile, but I had extensive bodywork done on my knee Wednesday of this week, so my grand plan of organizing the garage and starting my theater room is on hold.

My wife works for AARP, she is also driving her desk from home.

Plus side, our new home is beautiful (the previous owner built a kicka$$ theater room and bar downstairs), we have a decent cash reserve, plenty of food in the pantry/freezer, and for now we can both earn while at home. Millions are nowhere near as lucky as we. Many of my friends work in foodservice, and are currently laid off. Their landlords, grocers, etc are still collecting.

It will be months before we know the full economic impact of our ability to deal with a highly contagious virus with the ability to kill 1 out of every 36 people it infects, but the immediate impact on the millions of people who are unable to absorb a hit to their income is already apparent.

It is going to be a wild ride, and as a nation we will likely seriously re-evaluate how we approach group threats from the perspective of how we take care of those in the most need. I expect some pretty vitriolic conversations, to say the least.
                    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Glad you're recovering Johnny, sorry about the tumble. Great that you were ready for the "unexpected"

This event has the potential to become a "new beginning" for the USA if we recognize where we've let things slip too far. We've got to be a country that makes more of the stuff we purchase. We need to make some changes, but this is an opportunity to grow and improve if we take the situation and learn from it. Something like this sheds light on our deficiencies, but knowing what needs to change is half the battle.
                      TomZ
                      Last edited by tomzarbo; 03-21-2020, 03:08 PM.
                      *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                      *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

I don't know what to make of that "weather" map. There are lots of reasons for elevated temps, and there don't appear to be any controls on the data. Also, if 80 degree temps kill the virus, why are there cases in Florida?

Comment

I got up early this morning and went to Walmart and stood outside in line for 45 minutes before they opened. They only let 10 people in, then one or two in after one or two walked out. It was crazy. Lots of shelves completely empty and people acting pretty badly. They had the local PD there controlling the line. I've never seen anything like that before. Luckily we are well stocked at home with everything we need food wise and hopefully enough TP for a couple of weeks

Our company president/owner sent out a long email yesterday explaining how we will remain open for the forseeable future. We process parts for the food and beverage industry, aerospace, military/d‚Äčefense, and pharma sectors. So no furlough for me at this point. My wife and kids are off school until April 7th for now, we'll see, probably longer.
                          Craig

The lowest possible F3 box alignment is not always the best alignment.

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Comment

Millstonemike, take good care of yourself, and please don't drink any booze, at least until you fight the virus off. Drink all of the water that you can force yourself to, and if you have acetaminophen, take it in place of ibuprofen, as that too is less likely to inhibit your immune system. This is like nothing that we have ever seen in our lifetime. I am fortunate in that I am frugal and can survive with no income for a bit due to savings, but all my band gigs are shut down until the bars get reopened. I have a feeling that I will be shut down at the salon this weekend, and that is my life supporting career that allows me to be a musician. I cannot even imagine how stressed out and scared all of the people that live shift to shift are. If it comes to the point where we get locked down, I'm going to see if I can help with delivering supplies to elderly shut ins, as my kids are out of the house and grown, and I'm young and healthy enough, so far. I hope that this experience will make us all think deeply about all that we take for granted, as well as realizing that we're all one race....the human race...and I hope that the uncertainty scares every single one of us enough to think more about other people in our world deserving to have basic human needs met. When everyone is forced to wonder how they are going to be able wipe their ***, it puts things into perspective, if we can get out of our own selfish headspace, and feel empathy for all. A virus doesn't give two ***** what flows through our genetic lines, or the pigmet in our skin, or our beliefs and philosophically held ideologies. I hope that all of your chosen gods, the universe, and luck will bless us all. Glenn.

Comment

Fairly normal today in Hudson, WI. WalMart is shortening their hours next week, Fleet Farm has about everything except 9MM Luger ammunition. Grocery better than yesterday, lots of restocking going on midday that normally occurs at night. Toilet paper available. Restaurants all offering drive thru and curbside.

I'm supposed to schedule my 6 mo checkup at the clinic. Being in a high risk category I'm not wanting to get sick at the clinic, will call Monday. Retired.

Comment

If 80 degrees killed any virus, it could not survive in a live human body.

Zombies, I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                                X