No announcement yet.

Replacement or repair for Hiquphon D20-LP-1 (OWI-92) tweeter for Linn Kan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I am missing something, why not make the baffle opening bigger or milling down the outside of an ow1 2 mms.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions all, the SB tweeters look like they are definitely an option for sure. If anything they’d get the speakers going.

Thanks Craig, I’ll give you a call tonight. If we can get these Hiquphon tweeters going I definitely see that as being the best option. Hopefully I can find a single as I am missing one.

Ugly woofer, opening the tweeter mounting hole is definitely an option if I can do it where it looks clean. Maybe you can suggest the tools needed? I have a CNC router, but I’d have to remove the front baffle and make sure I get the cut perfectly centered. Doesn’t seem easy lol. Or i could use a hand held router, but not sure the best way to shave 1 mm from the perimeter. Then I’d have to find a proper tweeter, likely the best option being the regular 94mm Hiquphon OWI. I’d prefer not to take 1mm from the perimeter of the tweeter flange, that just seems like I’d be asking for trouble.

Dan

Comment

I'm just curious. Is there any reason your friend wants these close to original? Were they his originally, or did he buy them used for the cabinets? Would a completely new design with different drivers even be of interest? Is the plan to fix, and resell?

Comment

Originally posted by rpb View Post
          I'm just curious. Is there any reason your friend wants these close to original? Were they his originally, or did he buy them used for the cabinets? Would a completely new design with different drivers even be of interest? Is the plan to fix, and resell?
          I believe they were his fathers originally, not entirely sure, but I know he that they’ve been in his family since new. His father passed a little while back and he has been having me go through his old gear and refurbing it all. I need to find some tweeters and woofers for some old Pyramid MET 7s. That’s for another day lol.

He is open to different tweeters if there is absolutely no way to get the originals working. The originals would be preferred though. I’m not sure what his long term plans for them are, but as far as I know he doesn’t have any plans on selling anything. That could always change though.

Dan

Comment

Any machine shop could Chuck an OW1 in a lathe and knock off 2mms. To make the baffle opening larger, cut a disk with a circle jig that fits the existing opening and the route a 94mm opening.

Comment

maybe this will help

http://www.hiquphon.eu/reviews.html
              craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Ellis has direct replacements available on the "Rainforest" site.
                -Bob

The PEDS 2.1 mini system
                My A7 Project - another small desktop speaker
                The B3 Hybrid Dipole - thread incomplete and outdated

Comment

Thanks all, I’m going to give Ellis a call and see what I can come up with.

Dan

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Hiquphon-Twee...76&sr=8-1&th=1
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                    X