Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tweeter Horn to Standard Tweeter an option (or name a better option)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AWOsRadio
    commented on 's reply
    Understood and yes you're correct on that.

• AWOsRadio
    commented on 's reply
    Although the speakers didn't have great quality to begin with, there is a dramatic difference in the left and right side high range frequencies. I doubt there is a proper filter either.

• fpitas
    replied
    Originally posted by AWOsRadio View Post
    Didn't think there would be much help available without the gritty details ... given the whole "COVID" thing right now ... maybe I can get permission to go dismantle the box from the ceiling.

I appreciate the comic relief on the spam ... LoL ... and the honesty (that I expected) of not just tossing guesses.

OH ... might be worth noting that we have a set of unused Peavey SSE12s from a former building. Should I toss the whole conversion project, hang the Peavey's and acquire a decent amp for those instead?
    That's what I'd do, if the Peavey's sound at all good. Unless you just want to learn all about speaker design

Leave a comment:

• AWOsRadio
    replied
    Didn't think there would be much help available without the gritty details ... given the whole "COVID" thing right now ... maybe I can get permission to go dismantle the box from the ceiling.

I appreciate the comic relief on the spam ... LoL ... and the honesty (that I expected) of not just tossing guesses.

OH ... might be worth noting that we have a set of unused Peavey SSE12s from a former building. Should I toss the whole conversion project, hang the Peavey's and acquire a decent amp for those instead?

Leave a comment:

• AWOsRadio
    commented on 's reply
    thanks for the heads up.

• fpitas
    replied
    Yeah, speaker (re)design isn't a spectator sport.

Leave a comment:

• billfitzmaurice
    replied
    Until he gets them down from the ceiling and gets pics we can't help anyway.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    He could be watching without logging in.

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    Originally posted by djg View Post
    Op mia.
    Maybe decided to buy some cheap Behringers etc. instead of playing amateur audio engineer. Which is probably the right move.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Op mia.

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian Steele View Post
    My guess is that the horn is not properly filtered, so the speaker has a midrange peak that probably sounds pretty bad.

As the others said, more information is required.
    Yeah, some flat front horns are mainly good as noise makers, but a few null filters might make them less strident.

Leave a comment:

• Brian Steele
    replied
    My guess is that the horn is not properly filtered, so the speaker has a midrange peak that probably sounds pretty bad.

As the others said, more information is required.

Leave a comment:

• billfitzmaurice
    replied
    Not smart enough to block them from joining.

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
    It's obvious spam when a first time poster pastes an obviously copied response that has little to no relevance to the topic at hand. This one wasn't even smart enough to put in a link to whatever he was peddling. I guess even spam sources can't find good help these days.
    I *think* they got smart and won't let noobs post links for a while.

Leave a comment:

• billfitzmaurice
    replied
    It's obvious spam when a first time poster pastes an obviously copied response that has little to no relevance to the topic at hand. This one wasn't even smart enough to put in a link to whatever he was peddling. I guess even spam sources can't find good help these days.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X