No announcement yet.

Jeff Bagby Tribute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No hints on driver selection? I'm horrible when it comes to surprises! Lol. Although, I hold no doubt as to it being a great speaker when you are done with the design. Glenn.

Comment

Originally posted by Drummer View Post
      No hints on driver selection? I'm horrible when it comes to surprises! Lol. Although, I hold no doubt as to it being a great speaker when you are done with the design. Glenn.
      I want to have everything nailed down before the information is released. I'm very happy with the preliminary testing and looking forward to more measuring later this week.

Comment

Here's the first pass crossover response curve. Taken at .75M, 1/12 octave smoothing, 5msec blended sine. Room effects below 300hz, especially the floor dip / cancellation at 200hz. I'll do nearfield bass testing later. Meet the "Integrity".
        Attached Files

Comment

Excellent name! Can't wait to hear what drivers you've selected!

Comment

I'm working now on the kit logistics which might include some CNC baffles. The preliminary cost for drivers, crossover parts, wiring, and input terminals is around $600/pr. including shipping from the distributor.

Comment

Sounds great. Perhaps include CNC cut enclosures too as an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                Not really, to my knowledge, but here is some food for thought: - He favored the use of laminated cores for the cost, DCR, and size reduction. They are in the Continuum, Mandolin, and Piccolo for lowpass sections. - The Kairos have Solen Perfect Lay standard or Heptalitz coils and SoniCaps as the kit presented them initially, but the parts Jeff actually used weren't so snazzy. - He typically just used plain sandcast resistors, or Lynk types, because that is what he had or was sent to him. - Caps, as long as they were film/poly he usually showed no preference. I know he had large AXON, Solen, Erse types for mid HP use, and was happy about finding a RELcap from a rewrapped buyout somewhere at one point. He and Dave Elledge talked about that kind of thing before/more-than He/I did unless regarding to my usage of them. He had a bag of Cebo caps to try out last I was down there. I think the person you should ask is Seth Horton (s7horton). He built the Spirit Winds that Jeff loved. If anyone knew of a preference, that would have been the pair that showed what they were. Seth built those to Jeff's order. To be able to contact him, I know he built Jed's stuff at one point too, and he lives in GR, MI. He might post on here periodically. I do not have his contact info. I've never known him to use more than say an AudioCap Theta as a bypass on his David Towers, in terms of premium parts. Later, Wolf
                Jeff and I worked on three different pairs of speakers in the time that I knew him. All three were eventually demoed at InDIYana. The Spiritwind was the first of those projects. I’m very interested in this project if it remembers Jeff and helps his family.

Comment

Originally posted by ceiol View Post
                  Sounds great. Perhaps include CNC cut enclosures too as an option.
                  That may be available depending on the demand.

Comment

Originally posted by s7horton View Post
                    Jeff and I worked on three different pairs of speakers in the time that I knew him. All three were eventually demoed at InDIYana. The Spiritwind was the first of those projects. I’m very interested in this project if it remembers Jeff and helps his family.
                    Yes, those were very nice cabinets! The project will be open-source so you can purchase from whomever you like with the suggestion of a donation to Jeff's wife Christine and son David. There's already a GoFundMe account set up by Javad that could be used for that purpose. I've also arranged for the complete kit to be sold from one supplier and a portion of each kit sale will go directly to the Bagby family. A fully assembled pair of speakers will also be raffled or auctioned with all of the money raised going to Jeff's wife and son.

Comment

Here's a picture of the crossover boards. The smaller board is for the midrange and larger board the woofer and tweeter.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Some renderings...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Sba?

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
                            Sba?
                            Yes except for the Dayton woofer.

Comment

So I think I know the midrange and the PR from their shapes. The rest I'll have to wait for the reveal. Pretty reasonable pricing if I'm correct.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
                                So I think I know the midrange and the PR from their shapes. The rest I'll have to wait for the reveal. Pretty reasonable pricing if I'm correct.
                                Everything will be revealed in the next week or two. Right now I'm working on the kit distribution but most likely all the parts including internal wire and input terminals should be about $600/pair. There will also be one sent out for third party testing and measurements.

Comment

Working...
                                X