Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice looking measurements, Rick.

Comment

Yes, the dispersion and distortion graphs are quite good. Are you able to share the XO points?

Comment

For those who may not have the time to check on the ASR build thread, here is what a more basic version looks like (after protective coat of Duratex)...

Comment

Originally posted by ani_101 View Post
          Yes, the dispersion and distortion graphs are quite good. Are you able to share the XO points?
          675hz and 3.3K crossover points. The impedance is 7 ohms / nominal and 5.5 / minimum.

Comment

Kit up on the Meniscus site.

Comment

Rick a couple of questions.
              1. Are the response graphs in this thread taken from the plain rectangular box or the faceted version Ken K built?
              2. How/when is the auction to be done?
              3. Do you know how much of the kit price will be directed to the Bagbys? What about the auction, how much goes to the family?

Thanks so much for doing this, it looks terrific so far.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by skatz View Post
                Rick a couple of questions.
                1. Are the response graphs in this thread taken from the plain rectangular box or the faceted version Ken K built?
                2. How/when is the auction to be done?
                3. Do you know how much of the kit price will be directed to the Bagbys? What about the auction, how much goes to the family?

Thanks so much for doing this, it looks terrific so far.

Steve
                The response graphs are from the standard rectangular box. I'm still working with Jeff's wife Christine on how to handle the fundraiser. Once I have that finalized it will be posted. I don't know how much Meniscus is donating as I left that up to Mark. I'll see if I can find out the answer. If we do an auction (there's still a possibility of a raffle) it would be made clear the exact amount being donated. A possible issue is if the auction were to be handled on a site that required a fee for collection of funds (such as a credit card transaction).

Comment

Biff Jennings and his son visited today and were the first to hear the stereo pair. Good to see you guys again!

Comment

Tell Biff I said hi the next time you see him! Haven't seen/heard a peep out of him in ages....
                    Wolf
                    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

• Amazing job on the cabinets Kevin K. and the design rickcraig - look forward to seeing the finished results👍👍
                      See my projects on Instagram and Facebook

Comment

• Kevin K.
                        Kevin K. commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks Derek!

• Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                      Tell Biff I said hi the next time you see him! Haven't seen/heard a peep out of him in ages....
                      Wolf
                      Biff says "hello" too!

Comment

• A few pictures of the finished cabinets with drivers loaded. And a link to a short video doing a 360 spin. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCkmJYQ9-Sg

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	316.5 KB
ID:	1445138 Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	277.5 KB
ID:	1445139
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	271.5 KB
ID:	1445140 Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	261.9 KB
ID:	1445141

My part is about done now. Will let these set for a bit so the lacquer can completely cure. When Rick is ready, I'll ship them out. Hope these do well in whatever manner Rick decides to use them to raise money for Jeff's wife and son.
                        My "No-Name" CC Speaker
                        Kerry's "Silverbacks"
                        Ben's Synchaeta's for Mom
                        The Archers
                        Rick's "db" Desktop CBT Arrays
                        The Gandalf's

Comment

• Beautiful work Kevin and hats off to your most generous contribution! I think Jeff would be blown away by yours and everyone's reaction to his death.
                          Craig

The lowest possible F3 box alignment is not always the best alignment.

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Comment

• Kevin K.
                            Kevin K. commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you Craig. It's been a pleasure to build these in his memory and they are certainly for a good cause.

• Us: "We're celebrating your time with us!"
                          Jeff would likely say: "Oh, man... Why? It's just me. There's really no need for all of this." I do feel he would be happy we're helping his family.

Kevin- those are beautiful!
                          Wolf
                          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                          http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

• Kevin K.
                            Kevin K. commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you Ben. I think you nailed it, he was a humble man and didn't expect anything in return for what he offered.

• Hard work pays off. They look like high end boutique speakers, and they actually sound good too.

Comment

• Kevin K.
                            Kevin K. commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thank you Sir!
                        Working...
                        X