Heart strings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heart strings

anyone else get a bit of a pull on the ol heart strings tearing apart a fantastic build?

Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Don’t do it, that’s my philosophy.
    better to give away the speakers to a friend than to undo a nice project

Comment

Yeah, I'm with ceiol...

They are all works of art- musical art. I *RARELY* cannibalize a build to make another. There is a part of me in every build I complete, and destroying the synergy is not something on my 'want to do' list.

Later,
      Wolf
      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

I might do some stuff to *improve* one of my builds, but I never take apart any of my creations. Unless it's a car audio one and I'm selling the car that it's in, of course
        Brian Steele
        www.diysubwoofers.org

Comment

I'd be tempted to give them to someone I knew would appreciate them before dismantling and selling them off piece by piece. It would have been cool to have something like that in high school choir or band. Of course, a donation like that could be a tax write off.
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...khanspires-but
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...pico-neo-build
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...ensation-build

Comment

Hmmm? I tear apart projects all the time and repurpose their drivers and crossover parts. Easy come easy go, they're just speakers.
            Craig

The lowest possible F3 box alignment is not always the best alignment.

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Comment

I usually don’t as I always want to play with different types of drivers than I’ve already used.

I definitely scavenge my crossover parts though. I usually build with nicer capacitors and then when doing a new build after that I swap out my fancy caps from the last build with good normal ones. I’ve got some Mundorf Evo Oils that have been through four different builds now, lol. Builds still work, just q4s or yellow mad buyouts in their place.

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
                Hmmm? I tear apart projects all the time and repurpose their drivers and crossover parts. Easy come easy go, they're just speakers.
                Agreed
                BSME
                Kannapolis NC

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
                  So- you've never torn a pair apart, and later wished you hadn't done that? I've even sold/given a pair away and wished I hadn't done that. It's just how it works for me, and how I feel about it/them.

Later,
                  Wolf
                  "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                  "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                  "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                  "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                  http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                  http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

If it's "fantastic", let it live.

Comment

Nope, can't do that either. Each of my creation are a part of me, art if you will.
                      A mains
                      The Ventures
                      Open Invit8tions
                      RSR
                      Sound Troopers
                      Acorns
                      DGBG's
                      The Monuments

Comment

If I don't like them after I'm done tweaking I'll take them a part and repurpose. Usually I try to give them to my family and friends before that happens.
                        John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

A very few I have had problems letting go of, for the most part they are just speakers and given the time and energy involved in building the cabinets - if I have ideas for the cabinets involving different drivers I have no problem re-purposing.
                          Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Have built 17 projects, 10 were designs by others and 7 of my own design. Have kept 4 designs by others (3 in home theater) and kept 4 of my designs; given away all the others. None repurposed!

George

Comment

Unfortunate reality for me is that I have no one to give speakers to. Most family has no where to put them and then everyone else won't spend the money to use them (receiver/amp, etc)

I just hope I can find someone to reuse the cab's......
                              Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Working...
                              X