Everyone's favorite pair of headphones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drjay View Post
    I love detail, transparency and flat ferquency response even for casual listening, so after trying a couple of Sennheiser models got some AKG 702s and sold the Sennheisers. Just my opinion.
    Doc, were the Sennheiser cans open back, or closed? I used the closed backs as a tool just for tracking due to the room volume attenuation. I've checked out open backs as a pleasure purchase. I could see using them for track and mix monitoring playback. Tracking with any open back would be horrible for what I need to hear due to room bleed, especially from my drums. Glenn.

Comment

Sennheiser DT-770

Comment

DT-770, are you sure that's not a Beyerdynamic pair?
        Wolf
        "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
        "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
        "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
        http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

I've owned a bunch of headphones over the years: Grado SR60, Sennheiser HD 595, Audio-Technica ATH-M50, Sennheiser HD 580, etc. But my current pair, and the ones I'll keep until they die are the Massdrop Sennheiser 58X Jubilee's. They have a relaxed sound signature that appeals to me, they're comfy, and their low impedance allows them to be easily driven by my iPhone. They sound fantastic with every type of music.
          Eric L.

Comment

The Sennheisers I sold to get the AKGs were the open back 650 HDs. They were nice but IMO not as detailed or transparent as the AKGs.

Comment

As a youngster, I sold some Campagnolo super record pista titanium axle pedals and my time trial wheels from my racing bike and spent the proceeds on a pair of Stax SR X3 electrostatics. Magical, listening to Close to the Edge by Yes, Tomita and other 70's delights!

Comment

I remember a thread from a couple of years ago on headphones from Jeff Bagby, but I have not been able to pull it up in a search. Anyone find it?

Comment

A lot of fellow Sony 7506 users... classic. Certainly not flat, but decent enough once you get used to them and completely bulletproof. I've gone through a few sets of ear cups on mine, last replacement was a felt pair that actually took some of the low end away since they don't seal outside the ear as well. At least the vinyl doesn't flake off and leave your head covered in some weird black dandruff.

I also have a couple pairs of open back Sennheisers (535 and 565) that are great to listen to and super comfy. The only downfall is the connectors on the cups are crap, so they lose and ear and require wiggles to get it back. That's enough of an annoyance that I don't use those much, can't keep my head still enough to not drop a channel.
                Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
                Wogg Music
                Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat, SuperNova Minimus

Comment

Working...
                X