Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB-C Charging Battery solution for a portable boombox

Hi all,

First time posting on here. I'm taking this old Restoration Hardware powered speaker and trying to do something funky. It essentially looks like a single 6.5" driver guitar amp. Was thinking about putting in angled in-ceiling speakers into the sides along with a 2 channel, and was trying to think of a way to not use a pin and barrel connector for charging. I saw some of the talent cell battery packs on amazon that have the 12/24 volt pin and barrel for input and output. But in my quest to do away with all antiquated charging connectors and have usb-c for everything, I wanted to see if there was a usb-c solution.

Click image for larger version

Name:	51PI4deCHvL._AC_SL1100_.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1440876
    Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l640.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	1440877
    I came across this Talent Cell option. Don't see anything like it on PE so I'm assuming it's safe to post. Thinking I can pop this in the box, add a USB-C female to female adapter, and I now have my usb-c charging battery pack to power the box.

What do you guys think? Was thinking of putting it together with the Dayton KAB230v. The power bank has a 24v/3a output which I believe matches up well with it. Would be driving a pair of 6 1/2" coax angled ceiling speakers similar to the Dayton ones which I actually have in my living room setup. I just needed a smaller cutout than what the Dayton's offered.

Thanks in advance.
Working...
X