Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Have you incorporated Bluetooth into your builds yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Have you incorporated Bluetooth into your builds yet?

Have you incorporated a Bluetooth receiver into any of your builds? Please tell us what worked well, and what didn't work well.
    Yes, I have
    40.74%
    I don't have one in a build per se, but I use Bluetooth through my receiver
    29.63%
    No, Bluetooth is not "pure" enough for me
    29.63%
    Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
    Twitter: @undefinition1

A little Chinese analog preamp with Bluetooth in front of my Linkwitz LXminis.

Comment

I have a small 3116D digital power amplifier that has integrated Bluetooth 5.0

Comment

There is a speaker accessory, I think of it for him to integrate into the subwoofer or speaker, he has Bluetooth, DNLA, intelligent voice search Internet music. In fact, he is a small Internet smart speaker, but you must know that these products are very bad in terms of sound quality.

Comment

M28 bluetooth module or a combined BT\Class D amp modules. The cheapo M28 board i've noticed causes clipping regardless of the PS, which i think is because it is a 5v and the step down modules are also cheap crap. .... i'm leaning towards the combo boards to be honest as i've done both recently and started ordering the later to replace the M28's.

if i was to use a module again i would look at one of those CSR chips as some you can modify the EQ settings and customise them a bit.

Comment

I added a Sure Bluetooth Module to the old Pioneer car stereo I stuck into the side of my hot tub.
            Dyslexics of the World Untie!!

Comment

Tom Zarbo has played a lot with Bluetooth portables. I have a portable project on the go that will be using this guy https://www.parts-express.com/stereo...remot--320-641

And I have one of these for a 2.1 project I want to put together for my office desk using a pair of FAST bookshelf speakers and a small bandpass sub https://www.parts-express.com/tps311...e-con--320-635

Comment

It's amazing--if not overwhelming--how many Bluetooth amp boards there are out there. And they are so inexpensive!! It really puts a ton of power in DIYers hands to make active little speaker setups.

But how do you really know which are worth anything? Are there people out there measuring these to find out which are worth their salt?

Comment

What about casting? I much prefer using chromecast over bluetooth.
                  Carbon13

Comment

Check out audiosciencereview.com for measuments. I love the Yamaha wxa-50 I'm using in a second setup. Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon13 View Post
                      What about casting? I much prefer using chromecast over bluetooth.
                      I LOOOOOOOVED Chromecast Audio. But then Google killed it, as they do with every project they start. Yes, you could still buy one on ebay, but in my eyes, they're basically "dead man walking." Already I'm noticing that my apps only support the Chromecast Audios some of the time. (They do still cast to the regular Chromecast I have attached to a TV without a problem, though)

I think it's neat that companies have tried to enter the "casting" market. But without critical mass support, they're going to end up being doorstops once the apps stop supporting the API--if they ever did at all. Bluetooth, on the other hand, does have critical mass. It's on every computer and phone. Unfortunately, sound quality differs among devices and bluetooth implementations.

Comment

these days, almost all builds are with integrated bluetooth amplifiers. just so much easier -- and since most of what I build ends up being a present for someone else, bluetooth quality is plenty good

recent build with bluetooth amp built in:

Click image for larger version  Name:	bluetooth speakers copy.png Views:	0 Size:	948.4 KB ID:	1441167

Comment

True that chromecast may be the betamax of audio but I think video casting still leaves options open for audio. I just picked up a NVIDIA shield (great device by the way) and I use the audio streaming via HDMI through my HT receiver. I just really dislike bluetooth for some reason, maybe I just had bad experiences with it but I have found it too finicky and poor sound quality compared to casting. Not to say that casting is perfect but as long as alternatives exist to BT I will make the effort to use them first. But I'm a troglodyte that prefers spinning vinyl on a manual turntable than all your fancy interweb technology
                          Carbon13

Comment

Yep- made a boombox...
                            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...etooth-speaker

My daughter helped me with it.
                            Wolf
                            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                            http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Carbon13 View Post
                              True that chromecast may be the betamax of audio but I think video casting still leaves options open for audio. I just picked up a NVIDIA shield (great device by the way) and I use the audio streaming via HDMI through my HT receiver.
                              Interesting. I have heard good things about the shield. What do you cast to the shield with? Do you use the "Chromecast" icon, or is it some other protocol? EDIT: nevermind. I looked it up. Apparently, Shield has "Chromecast built-in." Which is cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X