X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4thtry
    replied
    Bummer on the cancellation.

How about a virtual, on-line competition this year? Contestants could enter their speakers by submitting a full write up, with pictures and graphs, using the existing MWAF on-line registration form. Judging could be based on craftsmanship. originality/design, and overall quality of the presentation. At the conclusion of the contest, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners would be announced and posted to a special "winners circle" section of the gallery. Contestants would be allowed to enter the same speakers again next year for the "real" competition.

Yes, no, maybe?

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Read it as typed, phonetically spelled, mwoffers! I've heard several people pronounce MWAF as mwoff in the past.
    Nope, no vulgar slang was thought or inferred.
    Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied
    I got the email about the cancellation too. I was pretty bummed. Every event is looking iffy. I felt better after cutting wood for next years project.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Originally posted by AEIOU View Post

MWAFers? . . . F'ers sounds just a bit off. Running short on vocabulary Ben? How about all you MWAF attenders?
    I seriously doubt Ben meant it the way you are implying.

I read "Midwest Audiofest'ers" taking it as he typed it.

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    Well, EYE enjoyed the levity !

(We could all use a bit, couldn't we?)

Leave a comment:

• AEIOU
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    That's news to me as well. Now I'm really hoping InDIYana goes off in September without a hitch...

I guess I will see you MWAFers next year then...
    Wolf
    MWAFers? . . . F'ers sounds just a bit off. Running short on vocabulary Ben? How about all you MWAF attenders?

Leave a comment:

• a4eaudio
    replied
    I just got the email from PE that the Speaker Design Competition is cancelled for this year.
    As much as I hated to read it, I can't imagine I would have gone anyways.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    That's news to me as well. Now I'm really hoping InDIYana goes off in September without a hitch...

I guess I will see you MWAFers next year then...
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• dynamo
    replied
    Postponing is much better than cancelling! I hope they reschedule.

Too bad about the tent sale, that’s like Black Friday for speaker addicts!

Leave a comment:

• rickcraig
    replied
    Sorry to hear that as I possibly was going to attend.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Thanks for posting...
    I was wondering what they would do... I suspected it would be cancelled all together, but at least they're trying to wait see what happens.

Hard to put a date on when an event like this will be safe to put on. Keeping it open ended is a good idea.

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• Paul K.
    started a topic Mwaf 2020

Mwaf 2020

Maybe everyone but I was aware of this, but I just happened to check the web site for the 2020 MWAF and see that the Speaker Competition event has been postponed to a yet to be determined date, while the Tent Sale and Audio Swap Meet have been cancelled. If you'all knew already, okay, but if you didn't, now you do.
    Paul
    Last edited by Paul K.; 05-30-2020, 02:09 PM.
Working...
X