Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know if the Wavecor TW030WA08 faceplate is removable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know if the Wavecor TW030WA08 faceplate is removable?

I need more tweeters like I need another hole in my head, but PE's DOTD has the Wavecor TW030WA08 down to where my curiosity is enough to justify a pair. I think this thing could be an utter monster in a waveguide, but I don't think that faceplate will play nice.

Any thoughts?
    nothing can stop me now

every faceplate is removable. ;)

Comment

Looks removable based on the three torx head screws on the faceplate. How easily removed I don't know.
      Craig

The lowest possible F3 box alignment is not always the best alignment.

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Comment

Originally posted by dld View Post
        every faceplate is removable. ;)
        Does this have something to do with explosives?
        Francis

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
          Looks removable based on the three torx head screws on the faceplate. How easily removed I don't know.
          Yeah, that was exactly my thought as well. Was I going to find three screws...and also adhesive. :-/
          nothing can stop me now

Comment

Originally posted by fpitas View Post

Does this have something to do with explosives?
            a hacksaw usually. The explosives usually happen when I'm working on my amps.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk View Post
              I need more tweeters like I need another hole in my head, but PE's DOTD has the Wavecor TW030WA08 down to where my curiosity is enough to justify a pair. I think this thing could be an utter monster in a waveguide, but I don't think that faceplate will play nice.
              I couldn't resist. I also found a $5 off orders over $50 (via Google search) so just got $174 worth of tweeters for $65.

Comment

Originally posted by a4eaudio View Post

I couldn't resist. I also found a $5 off orders over $50 (via Google search) so just got $174 cost of tweeters for $65.

Fixed that for you
                Craig

The lowest possible F3 box alignment is not always the best alignment.

Designing and building speaker projects are like playing with adult Lego Blocks for me.

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
                  Fixed that for you
                  Thanks!
                  Hopefully I got a pair of tweeters worth a decent amount more than $65.

Comment

Dang they are in my cart...

Comment

Working...
                    X