Albert Von Schweikert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert Von Schweikert

Not sure if anyone knows but Albert died a few days ago. One of the few truly good people in highend audio. He will be missed.
    craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Since I am heavily into DML tech, Ive also been intrigued by the FPS flat panel speakers sold here at P.E. This article combines the FPS panels with conventional cone drivers by Von Schweikert.

http://www.stereotimes.com/speak051502a.shtml

Comment

Never heard of him, but just reading that summary says a lot. I'll admit I don't pay much attention to the super hi end stuff, but obviously the guy knew what he was doing. I'm gonna check more into his legacy.
      A mains
      The Ventures
      Open Invit8tions
      RSR
      Sound Troopers
      Acorns
      DGBG's
      The Monuments

Comment

Originally posted by 6thplanet View Post
        Never heard of him, but just reading that summary says a lot. I'll admit I don't pay much attention to the super hi end stuff, but obviously the guy knew what he was doing. I'm gonna check more into his legacy.
        He worked for everyone in the business
        craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

That "sneak preview" appears to have been written in 2002, what became of this system he designed?

Comment

By the looks of his site, they no longer use those FPS drivers. The ultra hi end stuff is really nice, as it should be. Their "small footprint" stuff has some very recognizable looking drivers. I'd of course love to hear some of those big buck units. Maybe someday at an Axpona event? Cool guy for sure.
            A mains
            The Ventures
            Open Invit8tions
            RSR
            Sound Troopers
            Acorns
            DGBG's
            The Monuments

Comment

Started designing for Heil
              craigk

Comment

I liked a few of his designs and heard a couple of his systems at Axpona. RIP

Comment

Ok, so I've read up on some of the interviews with him and seemed like real intelligent person. Then I found he believes in the "Quantum Purifier". ... scratches head.... He doesn't know what it does but definitely makes his speakers sound better....huh.
                  https://www.bybeetech.com/products/#...–diy-and-oem
                  ...really?
                  A mains
                  The Ventures
                  Open Invit8tions
                  RSR
                  Sound Troopers
                  Acorns
                  DGBG's
                  The Monuments

Comment

Originally posted by 6thplanet View Post
                    Ok, so I've read up on some of the interviews with him and seemed like real intelligent person. Then I found he believes in the "Quantum Purifier". ... scratches head.... He doesn't know what it does but definitely makes his speakers sound better....huh.
                    https://www.bybeetech.com/products/#...–diy-and-oem
                    ...really?
                    You let your quanta get dirty, I suppose?
                    Francis

Comment

The room neutralizers look interesting, could be a godsend.

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
                        The room neutralizers look interesting, could be a godsend.
                        Sure, but at that price they should have 3-prong plugs.
                        Francis

Comment

• djg
                          djg commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I understand older houses are the worst. I guess they could use cheater plugs though.

I get it. Bybee has some snake oil and some products that work great. The power rail filters are amazing. Some of the other junk, I mean products, are waste your money at your own risk.
                        Last edited by craigk; 06-03-2020, 04:34 PM.
                        craigk

Comment

https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2020/...announcements/

Comment

Working...
                          X