Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overnight Sensations The PVC (DN32) tube is used in the speaker ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overnight Sensations The PVC (DN32) tube is used in the speaker ?

Overnight Sensations The PVC tube is used in the speaker. It is not convenient to buy the recommended size for some reasons. I would like to ask if I use a 40mm outer diameter, 2mm thick, 36mm inner diameter PVC pipe will have a greater impact on the sound? Another size is 40mm outer diameter, 3mm thick, 34mm inner diameter PVC. Which one should I choose? Do I need to make a bell mouth if I use PVC? The overall length uses 15CM. Including back board!

Either one is fine (I'd use the 34).
    The recommended port tube (and the one that USED? to come in the kit) is supposedly 1-3/8" ID, which is 35mm.

Comment

Thanks, Chris.
      There are recommended port accessories on PE, I think whether to use PVC pipes to save some costs. Because I might make two sets.

9sheng

Comment

I found the response parts locally, and found that the parameters of the hollow inductor are difficult to find, and I can only find the ones that are closer. I don't know if this will have any effect, whether it can be used!
        The recommended accessories at Overnight Sensations are:
        (Jantzen 1204 0.35mH 20 AWG Air Core Inductor)
        Locally available: 0.3mH and 0.4mH and 0.5mH 20 AWG Air Core Inductor
        Do I need to customize a 0.35mH inductor coil, or can I use 0.4mH directly?

Comment

Just using a 0.40mH coil in there wouldn't be the WORST thing (the highs end up maybe -1/2dB quieter).
          But, IF you also changed the 10n(ohm) resistor that's across the tweeter to a 12n, you'd nearly be back to where you started.

Comment

chirs .

Thanks for your reply, I have understood. And I also contacted the local distributor, they can customize the coil to 0.35mh. This should be the best thing.
            Soon I will start construction, and speaker accessories are already in hand.

9sheng

Comment

Working...
            X