Need WINISD File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need WINISD File

Hello all. I hate to be the new guy and a mooch at the same time but Winisd is just driving me nuts. Play with this, play with that, read the tutorials but I just can't get away from the error messages I get when trying to enter driver parameters to start a design. Does anyone have a file of the Dayton SD215A-88 subwoofer driver? I would be eternally grateful. This unit looks to be a good fit for my SUB800 and I wanted to see if could squeeze more performance out of that little box with a few modifications. Thanks so much.

Teach a man how to fish...
    The problem is that you're entering too many parameters. You only enter some, let the program calculate the rest. What you enter is Qes, Qms, Fs, Vas, Re, Sd, Le, Xmax, Pe.
    www.billfitzmaurice.com
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Teaching you to fish...go to this site https://midwestaudio.club/resources/...ners-tutorial/ about a quarter of the way down and it tells you the order to enter the parameters. Letting WinISD auto-calculate the rest you won't get the conflicts.

But just giving it to you,

Click image for larger version  Name:	SD215A TS parameters.PNG Views:	0 Size:	15.1 KB ID:	1444672
      Last edited by a4eaudio; 06-22-2020, 06:24 PM. Reason: EDIT: The link is a good tutorial, but Bill already gave you the list of parameters "needed".

Comment

What Bill said (have "autocalculate" box checked). Do NOT enter Qts. Watch your "units":
        enter Vas in cu.ft. (or liters IF you're a metric person), enter Sd in sq.cm.(that's how it's typically given), Xmax in mm

Comment

Thank you all. I did research and follow the instructions but will try again. I am using the Pro version if that makes a difference. All the download sites for the older, basic program were infected. I do see the calcs and very much appreciate them. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by a4eaudio View Post
            Teaching you to fish...go to this site
            In your picture the entered specs are in green, the calculated in blue. Some of those in green aren't always available, like Cms and Bl. Entering the specs I noted will calculate the rest, and they're almost always available. With practice you know what to enter, and can fill the required fields in two minutes.
            OP, you should be using version 0.7.0.950.

www.billfitzmaurice.com
            www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Working...
            X