Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New project which is a intrepretation of a current design.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly I had trouble finding Bondo locally and noticed I could use car body filler, but I first tried some multiple purpose filler I had for woodworking and its worked pretty well

Comment

Almost finished the printing, just have the base to go.

Held together using bluetack for the photos and the grills need a good sanding still
      Attached Files

Comment

This will not be a 600-900watt phantom with side firing subs and inbuilt streaming services etc, but more me liking the look at finally trying to use those pesky peerless passive radiators and other parts I bought for the beer can builds, which haven't been forgotten, just waiting on slow boat parts.

Can and quaren-teenie for scale, this thing will be small, but not stereo, only mono
        Attached Files

Comment

Here is a question for the masses (or anyone still looking at this thread)

If I wanted to have the ability to charge the DA LBB battery board using a USB (,5v) could I from the USB breakout board go directly to a voltage step up board from 5v to 16v before it goes to the LBB board? I've only used the step up boards between a battery and the 5v amp before, so not sure if there are any implications or general No No's from the above sentence.

I'm just thinking that you come across alot more USB set ups that the big transformer looking power packs and would be cool to have that flexibility
          ​​​​​​i also have 50 DC jacks so I'm ready for the normal setup if the other is bust

Comment

You could make 2 of those and make a stereo pair, ya know. If I had your printing skills, I would likely do that and use them at the desktop.

Later,
            Wolf
            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
            http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

I was thinking of that, I might put the plot files up on Etsy and see if I can get a few dollars from the designs that can go towards a roll of filament

I do wish I had a faster printer as it takes forever in my begginer rig, but hey I would say it's due to my designs being a bit too unique and me wanting decent quality

I'm now spinning the wheels with the paint job, I gave it a primer coat and also a dark grey gloss coat....then my wife came down and said "I think the grills should be black" and now got me thinking....

I don't know if they should be black by themselves, buy the panel and grill should be black, with the chamfered edge staying grey (like poorly scribbled on image). Not sure if the front grill should be black as well, it definitely needs some further prep work as the curved front of the front grill is showing up a bit of layering/lines which is driving me nuts
              Attached Files

Comment

One thing I'm learning quickly is how much I dislike painting plastic. 3d printing enclosures are fun in the design process, but I'm struggling to get what I'm picturing this to be.

I've made a few compromises along the way, but clear coats are on, tomorrow I'll be doing the final assembly and printing the base (hopefully)
                Attached Files

Comment

Getting closer, just need the base and to trim out some of the fluff in the grill with a utility knife or scalpel. Hopefully if all goes well, around the late afternoon today I'll start gluig in the speaker and passives and then the sides. And maybe tonight the soldering and then I can call this project potentially over 😁
                  Attached Files

Comment

That's really looking good! Even with the grey/black there is some nice contrast there.
                    Can't wait to hear how it sounds.
                    TomZ
                    *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                    *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post
                      That's really looking good! Even with the grey/black there is some nice contrast there.
                      Can't wait to hear how it sounds.
                      TomZ
                      I damaged the paint a little fitting it out, I'd say due to being excited

https://youtu.be/NfEs558RBas

I think the BSC was a bit bass heavy but it needs something in those higher frequencies as I don't know, but might be a bit shouty

Comment

Working...
                      X