Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any place to source neo magnets for speakers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any place to source neo magnets for speakers?

I have a friend that is looking to build his own drivers. Purchase a separate basket, spider, cone, surround, coil/former, dust cap, magnet, etc. He’s been able to easily find ferrite slugs to build a woofer, but he’d really like to go with neodymium. Does anyone know where to source them?

Dan

The short answer: China.
    www.billfitzmaurice.com
    www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Yup. EBay-China.

Comment

If you do find a properly sized neodymium magnet, after it's magnetized be very careful. You can lose your finger if you're careless. Pulse magnetizing it once it's in the final pole piece structure is the safest and best way to go, especially because otherwise it will lose some magnetization if it is not within a complete magnetic circuit.
        Francis

Comment

I have used Lee Valley for several years for magnets and mounting cups. I use their 3/8" and 0.5" magnets for speaker grill mounting.

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/hard...-earth-magnets

Comment

Try Apex Magnets. They have various ring-shaped (up to 4" diameter) and disk shaped magnets in addition to other offerings. One of the larger disk shaped neo magnets has a pull force of over 1,000 pounds. As someone above said, watch your fingers!
            Bill Schneider
            -+-+-+-+-
            www.afterness.com/audio

Comment

Working...
            X