Clarino Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarino Question

A friend is wanting to build Paul Kittenger's Clarino MLTL as found in the Project Gallery. The ES25ND-4 tweeter is, however, NLA. Does anyone know of a drop-in replacement or if Paul has reworked the crossover to accept a different driver? Thanks for the help. Rick

There won't be a drop-in replacement to my knowledge, and Paul doesn't actually design xovers himself so- that would also be a 'no'.

Later,
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Wolfie is correct on both counts, no direct replacement for the tweeter I used and I don't design my crossovers because I rely on others more experienced and accomplished at it, most often Dan Neubecker. I trade my TL design knowledge and experience for their crossover design knowledge and experience, which is one of the really great things about this hobby, sharing.
      Paul

Originally posted by RABrown View Post
      A friend is wanting to build Paul Kittenger's Clarino MLTL as found in the Project Gallery. The ES25ND-4 tweeter is, however, NLA. Does anyone know of a drop-in replacement or if Paul has reworked the crossover to accept a different driver? Thanks for the help. Rick

Comment

'Tis a long shot, but you could put a 'wanted' ad in the classified section of this forum.

It's possible that someone has a pair of these sitting around on a shelf and never got around to using it... wouldn't be the first time that's happened!

TomZ
        *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
        *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF *Cello's Speaker Project Page

*Building the "Micro-B 2.1 Plate Amplifier -- Part 1 * Part 2 * Part 3 * Part 4 * * Part 5 'Review' * -- Assembly Instructions PDF

Comment

We can't link to competitors, but you may well find a pair at a store outside the US, of course, it will be $$$ more expensive.

Geoff

Comment

Geoff Millar great point. Not sure if you looked it up and didn't post due to that "rule", but there are 2 in stock at Sound Imports in Europe. I doubt PE would necessarily even mind a link since it is a Dayton Audio driver and they don't have it in stock.

RABrown - I have actually bought from Sound Imports and had it shipped to the US, so they are reputable. I don't think I got gouged on shipping too much, I had to buy 2 woofers for the same reason...they were no longer available anywhere in the US but I found them there.

Comment

If you are able to find a pair and then your friend builds the Clarinos, I'm available to provide any additional info that might be needed and/or to answer questions. Just send me a private message that includes your/his email address and we can go from there.
              Paul

Originally posted by RABrown View Post

Comment

Thank you everybody. I am sending him this whole thread to the fellow who's building these. We'll see what happens next.
                Rick

Comment

Working...
                X