No announcement yet.

What is this??? A new Dayton sub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe look at adding mass to lower the fs, increase the Qts for a better alignment at the expense of 3 of so DB sens.

Comment

I am a little surprised that the FS is not lower. Having a 21” sub that is not really designed for a 20hz tune (or lower) seems odd to me, especially when designed for HT.

I can appreciate different compromises and such, it is odd though all things considered.

Comment

The real question is: who is gonna get one first?

Comment

All I see when I look at that driver is the staggeringly high normalized inductance. Maybe it's a fine driver for home theater explosions, but I wouldn't expect much otherwise.
          --
          "Based on my library and laboratory research, I have concluded, as have others, that the best measures of speaker quality are frequency response and dispersion pattern. I have not found any credible research showing that most of the differences we hear among loudspeakers cannot be explained by examining these two variables." -Alvin Foster, 22 BAS Speaker 2 (May, 1999)

Comment

Originally posted by anunnaki View Post
            I am a little surprised that the FS is not lower. Having a 21” sub that is not really designed for a 20hz tune (or lower) seems odd to me, especially when designed for HT.
            The Fs isn't the reason for the high F3, that's primarily the result of the low Qes.

www.billfitzmaurice.com
            www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

Originally posted by billfitzmaurice View Post
              The Fs isn't the reason for the high F3, that's primarily the result of the low Qes.
              I meant to say F3. Typo on my part thinking parameters and typed Fs by mistake. 😊

Comment

I also found him two days ago, a terrible monster.

Comment

I'm curious to see if PE will start selling these as kits with knock down enclosures.
                  Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

Scanspeak Revelator R2904/7000's, Scanspeak Revelator 15M/4531K00's, Scanspeak Revelator 22W/8857T00's, Eminence NSW6021's.
                  MiniDSP 4x10HD. ICE Power amplification and an NX3000D.

Sennheiser HD650's powered by TEAC amplification.

Comment

• anunnaki
                    anunnaki commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Lol, here is your woofer complete with a small shed for the enclosure 😳😂
                Working...
                X