Comment

Originally posted by tvrgeek View Post
        My boxes are actually about 3L.
        Very nice. What's the tweeter?

Form does not follow function
        Form is simultaneous to function

Comment

Just saw, they make an RS75. Claim 95 Hz in .05 cu ft. Look at PS95-8 , FR88EX, W3-1878 Getting expensive though.
          These are great, thank you. Maybe if I like how they come out with the cheapo FE85's I'll make another set with one of these.

Comment

Maybe they will bounce like a spring at 80-100hz and be the worst sounding enclosures ever HAHAHA...... haha..... ha....

ooph

Comment

• john trials
              john trials commented
              Editing a comment
              I was going to joke about this earlier. You are making a coil spring. The driver is going to set up an acoustic resonance that is going to get the spring resonating and bouncing around on your table. Dancing speakers!

Originally posted by lunchmoney View Post

Very nice. What's the tweeter?
            Some cheap things from PE. Don't remember. I should build new ones and move the tweeter closer and off center. This was a real quick and dirty build. I could not stand the sound form "computer" speakers even for voice. They were good enough I never re-visited them. I drive them with one of the cheap Chinese "Muse" USB amps. Actually pretty good little amps. My better half's computer speakers are a pair of original Tangberg Facets, driven my the same amp. They were one of the first plastic non-box speakers. Same old 59 cent peerless tweeter used in $10K speakers of the time. Still quite musical. They were an upgrade to my JBLs at the time. That was before I heard a Kef 104 and DM-12 and found out what high fidelity actually was. Bought some Ditton 44's. Later put in Seas tweeters, redid the crossover. Next was building my own while I suffered with Paradigms.

Have only slightly tracked 3D printing. I know some very exotic threads are available with carbon fiber to be much stiffer. Looking at your cross-section, I think you will be fine. Have you thought about how to imbed the wires?

Comment

Have you thought about how to imbed the wires?
              The wires will run out through a hole in the tail. I'm going to 3D print a flexible strain relief that plugs into the hole and tidies it all up.... although for initial testing a piece of chewing gum would work too :P

I will likely wrap the wires in a rubber tube or something to prevent them rattling against the housing.

If I add a component or two to pad the driver, I'll probably just hot glue them to the inside of the cabinet.

By the way I still really like the idea of using a better driver, and possibly even incorporating a tiny tweeter for a second gen if I like this first pair.

Comment

Another little guy
                https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.co...ne-full-range/

If you use liquid dampening material, it may serve to tack the wires down.

Keep us posted. pretty cool.

Delay in my project. Tweeter came, busted to pieces. Madisound should know better.

Comment

Linking to competitors is a no no.

Comment

For breaking up waves with something thin, I'd get a thin psa open celled foam or if only available closed cell. Or make a small box out of oc703 and put it in there
                    Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

For breaking up waves with something thin, I'd get a thin psa open celled foam or if only available closed cell. Or make a small box out of oc703 and put it in there
                      Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

I always wanted to do a nautilus shaped 3D print for the B3Ns I've had sitting around forever with no home. Too many projects.
                        Copy of Lou C's speaker pages: http://www.rob-elder.com/LouC/speakers.html

Comment

Got me trying to remember what I did on my old desktops. They are about 3L. just redid the T/S on them today. A bit of a way off published. Well used plus added mass from the doping on the center cap. I also had a ring of Moretite around the inside to help with frame reflections, but I think I remember those were when I was running full range. Looking at newer tweeters. Might just grab some of the Daytons for $9 on sale and redo the crossover @ 4K. Going to re-tune the boxes and do a frs file for in-box. Crossover is glued inside. Lots of parts so I must have done a BSC. Remembering, I picked 3L as I intended to build a small sub under the desk and then close the port. I think I'' cut them down to 2.5L and re-tune. Got time to kill as the Seas tweeter I bought for my center came damaged and the Dayton RS woofers are way out of spec.

Comment

Working...
                          X