Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid question time ---- nd builds

Guys,

Just talking out loud here, lets say somebody had a left over ND65-4 driver from a previous build and according to WINISD that could be modelled with a F3 in the late 60's in a 0.03cuft enclosure, could one use it as an unoffical sub in a portable build? well not really a sub, but provide that lower sub 80-100 hz range that a small enclosure may lack?

I'm bored and we have had an outbreak of covid again after over a month of no cases in the state, so looking at something i can do with parts i have.

I'm thinking the ND65 firing to the back or downward and two ND64's in a sealed box going forward. I think i still have a 2.1 amp i could use, or maybe use a 2*8w class D.....i think a 2x5 may be lacking in enough power and honestly not even sure about the 2x8.

anyway the question is do you think this would work 2xND64 and 1xND65. would i need a crossover, or "pull the cord and deploy the parachute".

I am concerned that you simply won't get enough output of the ND65 driver at those lower frequencies. It may play them, but possibly (probably?) not loud enough to make it worth it.

Could always give it a shot - scrap 1/4" superglued together makes a fast simple test box.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukk View Post
      I am concerned that you simply won't get enough output of the ND65 driver at those lower frequencies. It may play them, but possibly (probably?) not loud enough to make it worth it.

Could always give it a shot - scrap 1/4" superglued together makes a fast simple test box.

​​​​​​I suspect you are right DUKK, I have a bad habit of getting something in my mind, then fixating on it and then building it ... sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

I did get a pair of DA CE65W'S cheap enough I might try a bigger version of an idea I have brewing, just need a small enough BT amp module to use

Comment

Working...
      X