Purifi Audio PTT6.5W04-01A 6.5 Inch Woofer Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purifi Audio PTT6.5W04-01A 6.5 Inch Woofer Review

This just confirms what most of knew already based on HiFiCompass' review. This is a special drive unit. But, now we have some more and different data to give us more insight.

Here's the link to my original review because some of the tables and such won't easily translate here:
    Purifi Audio PTT6.5W04-01A 6.5 Inch Woofer Review

ErinsAudioCorner.com

Reading Paul K.'s comment in another thread got me thinking. Do those with experience think this driver is a candidate for a TL to further enhance it's already impressive bass?

Comment

I did some TL modeling for this Purifi driver on request and while it worked, it wasn't at all special in a TL. Keep in mind that there's nothing magical about a TL regarding how deep it will play in the bass. This driver's large Xmax is very impressive, however.
      Paul

Originally posted by Adam_M View Post
      Reading Paul K.'s comment in another thread got me thinking. Do those with experience think this driver is a candidate for a TL to further enhance it's already impressive bass?

Comment

Wow, I wish we had this kind of testing on a lot of other drivers. WOW! found all the rest he did. What a resource. It does look very very good. Rather fond of my Seas ER18RNX
        Site will give me something to do while I heal. Over did it and my back is killing me again.

on the TL comment.

Comment

Working...
        X