No announcement yet.

Requesting advice for a 3D Printed Voxel Remix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, I'll post when I've made progress. Which BMR satellite design are you thinking of?

Comment

I'm thinking of channelling some 80's sports car style and using some louvred grilles. This is with a 45mm gap between the driver and the solid top plate:

Comment

Originally posted by zx82net View Post
      I'm thinking of channelling some 80's sports car style and using some louvred grilles. This is with a 45mm gap between the driver and the solid top plate:
      You *may* have to retune the port a little for the additional loading. Probably not much, though.
      Francis

Comment

Looks great!

if you 3D print these, I would happily pay for one of these.

Comment

Very interesting. Very attractive.

Since you're 3d printing, why not include some aero improvement of the port, a la Polk? You may like the improvements on both ends.

Click image for larger version  Name:	polk-port.jpg Views:	0 Size:	13.1 KB ID:	1448952

Comment

Originally posted by ceiol View Post

Looks great!

if you 3D print these, I would happily pay for one of these.
            Thank you. As soon as I'm done the files will be available for free on Thingiverse. Typically, I avoid doing prints to order, but we can always discuss.

Comment

• ceiol
              ceiol commented
              Editing a comment
              I haven’t got a 3 pd printer, but perhaps I should look into it

The project is progressing. I may be able to make some noise later today.
            Attached Files

Comment

coming along nicely

what total volume did you come up with?

Comment

• zx82net
                zx82net commented
                Editing a comment
                The internal volume is 7.7 liters, including the port and the driver. Which matches the original drawings for the Voxel.

It's now fully assembled. No leaks, no rattles, and it's sounding good. Next step, impedance measurements to check the tuning.

Comment

that's pretty cool! nice work

Comment

Working...
                X