No announcement yet.

Looking for ideas on some new mains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For some perspective, I just cued up The Dark Knight bluray on my HT, Yamaha RX-V663, front 3 DIYSG Carmody S2000 MTMs, 4" carbon fiber woofers. I had to turn it down when the dog left the room.

Comment

• djg
      djg commented
      Editing a comment
      I should express myself more clearerly.

Originally posted by djg View Post
    For some perspective, I just cued up The Dark Knight bluray on my HT, Yamaha RX-V663, front 3 DIYSG Carmody S2000 MTMs, 4" carbon fiber woofers. I had to turn it down when the dog left the room.
    Haha that’s awesome, I was originally trying to get the HT-8 from them since January but they were never in stock so I gave up trying to get anything from that site. Sad part is I already made the box for them. Now I don’t know what to do with it lol

Comment

Originally posted by djg View Post
      ...I had to turn it down when the dog left the room.
      Your dog likes it turned up really loud?

Comment

• djg
        djg commented
        Editing a comment
        Ha. What I meant was it was so loud she left the room. I was just seeing how loud an action movie would play on my modest system. I generally don't crank it. She hides from thunder too.

Maybe the dog didn't care for the movie.

Comment

• djg
        djg commented
        Editing a comment
        She doesn't care for loud noise. I ceased the loud noise when she showed distress.

I’ve decided I’m going to go with donradicks design. I’m going to build a box with the these plans Hope this week I’m going to try and get some mdf from work this weekend and slowly start the build. Then over the next few weeks I’ll start to order the driver and such.

Comment

Well, with a couple of builds from others designs under your belt, about time you dig in and try your hand at design! Or in the least, start with one of the many mentioned but down load the tools and aids so you can follow through reproducing the steps. Then if/when you get different results, you can investigate, ask and really up the game.

BINGO!: " In terms of a 5.1 system, I would point out that the typical MTM laying horizontally is for aesthetics and is not optimal for acoustics. Thus, if you build TM speakers and can use one as the center speaker this should be fine. The typical challenge is if the TM speaker is tall many people don't have room under their TV to place it"

Of course, it depends on the alignment. DeApolitto for the mains is great, but very poor for the center unless you only sit directly in front. Just built a MTM with a wider dispersion, The baffle overlaps the tv and does help reduce diffraction. The smaller one made I made first with RS125's, the gap was a disaster. I was using an MT on it's side for a while and it was OK for our narrow listening angle. Again, the magic is in the crossover. Going to the 150's I was able to go back to sealed and still hit my F3 of 80 Hz, real in room, not simulation.

All for now. Parts just came so I can re-package my HT mains for in-wall. Totally different crossover from their current monitor cabinets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200828_110827.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	692.9 KB
ID:	1449676

Comment

Working...
        X