Looking for 2.1 sound bar plans.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 2.1 sound bar plans.

With xmas fast approaching, I’d like to build a soundbar for my father. I was originally going to use the Kirby meets audio plans but they are not on his site and I can’t get ahold of him.

does he have a youtube vid you can sort of intrepret from? I've noticed he has gone silent on youtube this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rutu5 View Post
      does he have a youtube vid you can sort of intrepret from? I've noticed he has gone silent on youtube this year.
      There is a video but he doesn’t go over the sizes of anything. Ya I don’t know what happened to him. There’s even nothing on his sites.

Comment

You could always look at my 'Bar-Gain' "under-bar" in the PE Gallery. It's scaleable to different applications.

Later,
        Wolf
        "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
        "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
        "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
        "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
        http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
        http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

I used Zaph's B3N design and mated that to a little 4" woofer from here at PE. For the soundbar itself, I used a solid piece of walnut hardwood for the front, PVC pipe with plywood caps for the B3Ns, then a plywood box glued to the back of the walnut for the woofer. The port tube for the woofer box is external and runs along the back of the walnut. To secure it to the wall, I used a toggle bolt through each of the three speaker holes. On the piece of walnut in the area not occupied by the drivers/enclosures/ports, I mounted a 2.1 class D amp board to power it all, and this plugs into the headphone jack of the TV.

I have had a lot of requests to build more of these!

Comment

Working...
          X