Dayton RS28a-8; Did this exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks DJG,

The Wolf Zingers are interesting. Woofs $24. ea, tweets $26.50 ea.
    I'm not sure if the boxes I have would work well, being smaller & not vented (now), no driver overlap, flush mounting, rounded baffle.... Would these differences need an xover modification?

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...-zinger-design

The Mark K. RS28a/RS225 MTdesign almost matches my boxes.

Murf

Comment

You could likely get away with it, but there will be differences.
      Wolf
      "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
      "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
      "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
      "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
      http://photobucket.com/Wolf-Speakers_and_more

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
      http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Thanks Wolf,

Making a speaker to your design is tempting, but I don't want to fudge it up.
        Finding an 8-inch kit to match my cab doesn't look likely. I think I'll re-foam the woofs, and see if I like the Infinity Ref2 as is.
        Or I could pick some cool drivers & see if anyone would make an xover with me (I can't)!
        Or I could make the Zinger....

Murf

Comment

• djg
          djg commented
          Editing a comment
          I did you a disservice. I forgot the Zingers are 1 cu ft. Sad since they are right behind me.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1aaaaa.jpg Views:	0 Size:	942.1 KB ID:	1454597
        Hello Audio Experts!

For a last attempt at fast, cheap, & great, I see no reason why I can't drop an RS225 into my sealed boxes, which will even give me room for bracing.
        And the RST28f tweet has lots of overlap with the RS225 (better might be the SB26CDC-C000-4 or SB26STAC-C000-4?).
        So one would just need to whip up a little xover, right??

Murf

PS: Don't make me buy those half-price SEAS Excel W22EX-001 things....
        Last edited by littlebear; 10-17-2020, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Crossovers are not "whipped up". You are seriously underestimating the work involved. Your best bet is to find a kit that will fit...

Comment

Hi Buggers,

For me, not a whole lot about making a good speaker is easy, especially the xover. Pls excuse my little joke.
            I only mentioned it briefly in the beginning of this thread, but I'll be running these speakers down to the Brklyn Navy Yard, where a skilled member of this forum can measure & make an excellent xover for me. I've spoken with him about this, and he willing (he did the xovers on my below monsters)!

Click image for larger version  Name:	SpeakersPR (2).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	75.5 KB ID:	1454928

Murf

Comment

That's the way to do it, the designer needs to measure the actual speaker to properly design the Xover.

Comment

Working...
              X