Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buggers
    replied
    That's the way to do it, the designer needs to measure the actual speaker to properly design the Xover.

Leave a comment:

• littlebear
    replied
    Hi Buggers,

For me, not a whole lot about making a good speaker is easy, especially the xover. Pls excuse my little joke.
    I only mentioned it briefly in the beginning of this thread, but I'll be running these speakers down to the Brklyn Navy Yard, where a skilled member of this forum can measure & make an excellent xover for me. I've spoken with him about this, and he willing (he did the xovers on my below monsters)!

Click image for larger version  Name:	SpeakersPR (2).jpeg Views:	0 Size:	75.5 KB ID:	1454928

Murf

Leave a comment:

• buggers
    replied
    Crossovers are not "whipped up". You are seriously underestimating the work involved. Your best bet is to find a kit that will fit...

Leave a comment:

• littlebear
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	1aaaaa.jpg Views:	0 Size:	942.1 KB ID:	1454597
    Hello Audio Experts!

For a last attempt at fast, cheap, & great, I see no reason why I can't drop an RS225 into my sealed boxes, which will even give me room for bracing.
    And the RST28f tweet has lots of overlap with the RS225 (better might be the SB26CDC-C000-4 or SB26STAC-C000-4?).
    So one would just need to whip up a little xover, right??

Murf

PS: Don't make me buy those half-price SEAS Excel W22EX-001 things....
    Last edited by littlebear; 10-17-2020, 05:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• djg
    commented on 's reply
    I did you a disservice. I forgot the Zingers are 1 cu ft. Sad since they are right behind me.

• littlebear
    replied
    Thanks Wolf,

Making a speaker to your design is tempting, but I don't want to fudge it up.
    Finding an 8-inch kit to match my cab doesn't look likely. I think I'll re-foam the woofs, and see if I like the Infinity Ref2 as is.
    Or I could pick some cool drivers & see if anyone would make an xover with me (I can't)!
    Or I could make the Zinger....

Murf

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    You could likely get away with it, but there will be differences.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• littlebear
    replied
    Thanks DJG,

The Wolf Zingers are interesting. Woofs $24. ea, tweets $26.50 ea.
    I'm not sure if the boxes I have would work well, being smaller & not vented (now), no driver overlap, flush mounting, rounded baffle.... Would these differences need an xover modification?

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...-zinger-design

The Mark K. RS28a/RS225 MTdesign almost matches my boxes.

Murf

Leave a comment:

• djg
    replied
    Wolf's Zingers would fit. Probably want to beef up the cab. 8" 2way with Dayton DVC subwoofer. Simple but innovative. Truly full range.

Leave a comment:

• littlebear
    replied
    They are Infinity Reference 2 8-inch 2-way cabs, sealed box. Outside 10.5w x 9.5d x 18.25"h. Walls 1/2" thick (actual), baffle .75", no internal bracing, tweet flange ~3.75" diameter; maybe ~.75cuft interior volume without drivers, I think. Sort-of rounded baffle edges.
    A pretty heavy cab with a sort of light woof, and opinion on the innernet says the tweets can be a little fatiguing.

Murf
    Last edited by littlebear; 10-16-2020, 12:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    How big ARE your cabs?

Leave a comment:

• littlebear
    replied
    Oops, sorry about that little availability problem! I see Meniscus also has them, but listed as "out of stock"
    So much for my "easy" speaker plan... I doubt if there is another 8" two-way design that could use my cabs!
    But the page DJG linked to is good, and should help me going forward.

http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...t-to-build-now

Murf

Leave a comment:

• davidroberts
    replied
    The original tweeter was the RS28A and was 4 ohm. They later came out with the RS28F. Both were 4 ohm.

Leave a comment:

• Paul K.
    replied
    That linked page clearly says, "This product is no longer available".
    Paul

Originally posted by littlebear View Post
    Hi Wolf,

PE has an "RS28a", not an RST...
    What do you think, pls?

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...eeter--275-130

Murf

Leave a comment:

• djg
    commented on 's reply
    No longer available.

Comparable items in stock: RST28A-4

Comparable, not identical, not a drop in replacement.
Working...
X