Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not to start a topic about nothing, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dukk
    replied
    IMO I would like to see a similar piece but where the main unit is BT/RF/WiFi and you can buy as many satellite amplifiers as you want, with choices of different sizes of AC powered and also rechargeable amp boards, both full range and sub duty. Then one can put any pair of speakers anywhere without having to run wires throughout the house. Kind of like a Sonos system but just the electronics side of it.

Leave a comment:

• AcidWash
    replied
    Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post
    during the two and a half hour long showers she takes.
    I won't speculate on the loud music during 2.5 hour long showers. Merry Christmas TomZ

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Thats funny Chris... Yeah, I was trying to explain this thing to my wife and I was at our bathroom before I ran out of speaker outputs. A pair of tower speakers in the bathroom? Why not! I know she gets the Google thingy cranked up pretty good with tunes during the two and a half hour long showers she takes.

Maybe it I were building a new construction home I'd wire it up for one of these.

Just thinking out loud, but I wonder if the app that controls this could be "updated" to work like an intercom system with your cell phones microphone? I could probably have a bit of fun with that. Maybe it's already in there... I got lost reading the description, it does a LOT of stuff.

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    Who among us "long-timers" doesn't have AT LEAST 8 pairs of speakers hiding around the house?
    - I THINK Jeff just wants us to be able to use all of them, all the time!

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    I suspect this is it.

http://www.daytonaudio.com/topic/DAX88

Looks totally amazing. Seems like you can control pretty much every aspect of your music from everywhere, or anywhere.

I admit, I don't fully understand it, but if you wanted tunes in literally every room in your house, with full remote control via an app, this would do it... just run the wires and hook up the speakers.

The complexity boggles my mind! Sure is cool, though, and some real man watts!

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• LOUT
    commented on 's reply
    I thought this or another thread had talk of an upcoming pair of Dayton Esoteric subwoofers, but I don't see it now so maybe I'm either mistaken or it was deleted?

• KEtheredge87
    replied
    I didn't see anything Dukk... I get the impression something was delayed and they quietly let this disappear.

Leave a comment:

• Dukk
    replied
    Was this ever revealed? I don't remember anything.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    I don't have an Apple phone, we use Trakfone with a cheaper Samsung Android phone. It works mostly okay, but some apps are hit or miss. Might be why my camera/pictures arent the best too.

Lucky for me, Amazon app works well, even Aliexpress is fine.

I dont feel as confident with websites for purchasing, at least on my particular phone. An app might make purchasing from PE easier for me... dangerous, but easier.

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• Liberator of Magic Smoke
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
    If all the big announcement is, is an app to shop, then... Who really cares?
    Not me. I had an Amazon app for oh, ten minutes or so before deleting it. What a pain in the arse. There is the SiriusXM app, which makes me wonder how they manage to keep satellites flying. I do use it, but only because there isn't an alternative other than an antenna. Most apps that I download get deleted soon after. I don't know why it's so hard to make an app that's useful, or even one that actually works. Must be rocket surgery.

Of course, some work fine and don't give any trouble, so I know it's possible to make good ones.

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied
    If all the big announcement is, is an app to shop, then... Who really cares?

Leave a comment:

• Dukk
    replied
    I'd love to see a PE app that had practical features like test tone generators, an RTA, box and vent calculators, even some basic crossover calculators. I have some other apps with these features but I would like to see PEs take on it, along with retail features for their products.

Leave a comment:

• wogg
    replied
    Assuming it is an app to Parts-Express, that would be a good thing. Their website is not setup for mobile use at all.

I hear what you're saying LOUT, I have several WordPress backed sites with responsive themes that work just fine on a phone. The PE site is likely custom developed from ground up though, so updating to be able to support mobile may be quite expensive. I'd have to presume they quoted the costs for a full site update to a modern responsive design and compared that to the cost of having an app built specific to mobile.

Leave a comment:

• LOUT
    replied
    Internet sites usually shouldn't need app versions of the same thing.
    If the mobile browser experience is bad, just make some helpful tweaks to the mobile version of the online site to correct this (easier than building an app).

If someone uses the PE site enough that a dedicated app makes sense as a kind of "speed dial" it's faster to simply save the site shortcut onto the phone's homescreen to do the same thing...one click brings you directly there and you don't need to download or update a dedicated app.

I've seen some phone apps that take up an impressive amount of storage (and gain potentially harmful access to things they really shouldn't need) while being about the same as their webpage, and this sounds similar unless I'm misunderstanding something.
    ...assuming it IS a PE app.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied
    The more I think about it, the more plausible a Parts Express app sounds.

I've never purchased an item from PE on my phone yet, but I have from Ali and Amazon, etc.

Mr Leach, I'd bet my gold-plated Bugatti that you're right!

TomZ

Leave a comment:

Working...
X