experience with SB15MFC30-08 and 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• experience with SB15MFC30-08 and 04

Thinking about a new build. I have not historically been a fan of poly, but materials have progressed. Has anyone had experience with these drivers? On paper, they may work well with XT25g's or the lovely SB29RDC-4 without a lot of crossover trickery as the RS series and Seas 27T series.

It occurred to me last night, this woofer might just work with the pair of HDS tweeters I have on the shelf. They are said to be very good. Old design, and maybe surpassed but might be worth a play.

Comment

Na, reviewing the Zaph data, HDS, like the XT25, really need 3K crossovers. I bought them for a 3-way I never built. Kind of hard to beat a 27TBFCG overall for only money.

Comment

The poly SB's are great. I like them better than the paper. I actually did a speaker with them and the HDS which I also had at the time. If you got the parts, try it! At the bottom of the attached link is a .doc you can download: https://sites.google.com/site/somasonus/Home/chimera-2
        ~Brandon 8O
        Please donate to my Waveguides for CNC and 3D Printing Project!!
        Please donate to my Monster Box Construction Methods Project!!
        DriverVault
        Soma Sonus

Comment

Think I'll give them a try. Their response hints at being useable high enough, but 3K just seems a long reach. Might be safer to stick with 27TBFC/G. Not sure you can equal them for twice the price.

Comment

Maybe delay. Measured my HDS and darn do then really want the high crossover and the ripples are tough to deal with. But if I go back to the seas and drop my crossover to 1800, LR4 on my RS150's I can get a simulation flat with 1 dB, get the Dayton breakup down far enough. If real life does not work, then the SB is the same diameter for the Dayton hole.

Comment

The SB's should work well with any of the tweeters you listed. Zaph's data on the HDS tweeter looks good, cleaner than the (still very good) 27TBFCG even. I had an RS150\RS28A design for a short while and really liked it

Comment

Working...
              X