JBL horn mounting bracket alternative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JBL horn mounting bracket alternative

I recently purchased a pair of JBL 4648A-8 double 15 inch woofer bass cabs. The seller had compression tweeter and horns and the horn mounting brackets which I did not buy.
    Now I am trying to find a cheaper alternative of the JBL 2507/2509 horn mounting bracket. Any ideas would be much appreciated.. Maybe a 3D printed version or a cheaper
    route made of wood..
    The bottom picture is of the 4648 with 2509 mounting bracket and horn/driver..

Click image for larger version  Name:	2509a_vert_medium.jpg Views:	0 Size:	17.5 KB ID:	1457119

Click image for larger version  Name:	images.jpg Views:	0 Size:	7.2 KB ID:	1457120

Click image for larger version  Name:	cd8bbc75703c16781410e50f6b5b5ce7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	56.5 KB ID:	1457121

Bump..

Comment

Make a pair of L shaped baffle/base. Having the horns baffle mounted gives better results than free floating.
      www.billfitzmaurice.com
      www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

What Bill said. Then you can find a hinged l-bracket (so-called piano hinge) at Home Depot etc. for almost nothing. Some braces on the sides to hold the baffle in place and off you go.
        Last edited by fpitas; 11-22-2020, 02:14 PM.
        Francis

Comment

That's a great idea and indeed would work in most cases. Earlier this year I bought a pair of JBL/Selenium Bi-radial horns that are about the same size as the Altec 511b.
          https://www.parts-express.com/seleni...-horn--264-300
          I plan to use them with compression midrange drivers and will be mounted in their own cabinets on top of the 4648's. The tweeter horn is also the same size as the 511b,
          but is not a bi-radial and once it is mounted above the midrange the total height of the cabinet will have the treble blasting above my head and I want to be able to aim it
          down at me thus is the reason for the horn bracket.
          https://www.parts-express.com/te-818...-tpi--299-2306
          Last edited by RedK9; 11-24-2020, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X