No announcement yet.

Lowest distortion drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for midrange roughly 1000 to 3000 or 4000. Use with 7 or 5 inch mid woofers. Small room HT, not a big PA. Some have very good performance, but low efficiency so unless bi-amping, very hard to use. An example is the RS100. Quite hard to use wit the RS150.

Comment

The Visaton B100 possibly? A 4" full range with good efficiency and overall specs. Very flat impedance curve! PE sells them, but the spec sheet is on Visaton's site.

Comment

That one might just squeak by if using one of the less efficient mid-bass. CSS maybe. Just not efficient enough for the woofers I have in mind. I guess an excuse for bi amping, but not for this project.
        Their CSD plot is kind of misleading as it stops at -30. Should go to -40 at a minimum.

Making progress in using ARTA to get CSD plots. Settings not right yet. I do have some graphs showing tweeters producing sub-harmonics though. So not a rumor to me now. Playing with just a 27TDFC and an HDS. so a pretty poor driver and a half decent one except for the 4 dB dip @ 7K! My test panel is not sufficient for 1M testing. May go to 1/2. As bad as I think the TDCF is, it was vastly better than the Vifas I had in the box first. $25 somethings. Tossed years ago.

Pretty sure I will skip the 3-way and use the SS 6 inchers for the mains and the 5's for the center. I can cross that to either a couple of Seas choices or still have my eye on the Peerless ceramic. I have time to change my mind as most of the decent SB drivers are out of stock. The 5 1/2 Wavetek looks like it work work too. Any are going to push the LF distortion knee down over my 4 1/2 ( RS150 Daytons) LF response I don't need, it is all about distortion. I f I redo th eliving room, I was thinking about the CSS driver, so the B100 may be viable.

Comment

Well, ordered a 27TBCD and will test it first. If it's distortion knee is low enough, that wil be a help with any of the woofers I picked as they all have bumps in distortion and breakup to deal with.

Comment

The RS52 has been measured to have some QC problems. Until that is cleared up, I'd avoid that driver:
            http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...s52#post636858

Comment

Those are indeed nasty plots. I had some QC problems with a pair of RS150-4 drivers I bought, but I was able to work around them.

Comment

Wavecor wf120bd04
                b3s/nd20 line arrays
                Markk's RS225rs28
                2-rs390's

Comment

Working...
                X