Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chych7
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah sorry my typo... Although a speaker driver is also generally a resonator in some sense.

• fpitas
    commented on 's reply
    Ahhh. Thanks djg. It's a balanced mode radiator, for one thing. No resonators involved.

• Billet
    commented on 's reply
    Amiable tweeters sound like a splendid idea!

• Paul K.
    replied
    Just for some laughs on me to start the new year, when I first saw this thread I thought the OP was looking for a pleasant and friendly tweeter, one that was "amiable".
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• djg
    commented on 's reply
    It's the midrange driver, read about it at the michigan based kit provider.

• fpitas
    replied
    Originally posted by chych7 View Post
    Perhaps a design like the Philharmonic BMR would be ideal (in Kit form). The balanced mode resonator and this particular ribbon tweeter provides an incredibly wide horizontal off axis uniformity and dispersion. One would need to make it front ported for in wall application though.
    Seems like a quality speaker, but what is a balanced mode resonator?

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied
    Pretty much all car audio tweeters have some type of swivel socket mount.

Leave a comment:

• chych7
    replied
    Perhaps a design like the Philharmonic BMR would be ideal (in Kit form). The balanced mode resonator and this particular ribbon tweeter provides an incredibly wide horizontal off axis uniformity and dispersion. One would need to make it front ported for in wall application though.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Roemer
    replied
    Most "domes" have pretty wide dispersion. The "focus" pattern of an MTM is more in the midbass range as well, and it's in the vertical plane. Lots of us don't toe in our mains either.

Leave a comment:

• tvrgeek
    replied
    DIY. Aim it where you want. But first take a look at your chosen tweeter response. Many of them are designed for 15 to 30 degrees off axis. Some, like the XT25 are on-axis only.

Leave a comment:

• nobby
    started a topic Aimable Tweeter?

Aimable Tweeter?

I'm contemplating a DIY build of some in-wall MTM speakers. As we know, one of the biggest challenges with in-walls is that you can't toe them at all to match the listening position. A number of in-wall manufacturers use aimable tweeters to help combat this. But does anyone know of an aimable tweeter that is available off the shelf? Am I just not searching the correct term for it?
Working...
X