Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cat wants to fight over my singing . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat wants to fight over my singing . . .

That was uncalled-for and very uncivilized behavior.

I've been working on perfecting the integration of these 12" woofer speakers and the MT units sitting atop of them and their cross-over/EQ and finally got it dialed-in to the point that I was sitting on the floor in the basement while petting a yard cat in my lap and singing along when I must have hit a sour note.

He jumped up and stood-off about 2 feet away and hissed and growled at me like I said something very offensive to him.

Speakers sound awesome now but I obviously need more practice in the singing department.

We have since made-up and all is good but he seems to just curl up and sleep upon my feet while listening to classical music rather than me belting-out some dubious tonal quality inspired by the blues . . .

Be careful guys - everyone is a little too sensitive of late.

:D

Maybe you just moved him with the way you laid out your smooth, from-the-heart vocals... You know... Kind of like a "killing him softly with your song" kind of thing?

Could be that your song just hit a little too close to home... made him remember all those hard times in the neighborhood hustling up mice, endless hours scouting out birds nests, wrestling with the inner turmoil of neighborhood kids calling him "good kitty" when he knew they didn't know the 'viscious lion' that roared inside...

*See the 'Can music evoke tears, strong emotion?" thread for non-feline comparisons.

... or maybe it was what you said. My cat usually just leaves when he wants to be a critic... but I'm usually ripping out notes in the lower register, those may bug his finely-tuned ears a bit less.

TomZ
    Zarbo Audio Projects Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEZ...aFQSTl6NdOwgxQ * 320-641 Amp Review Youtube: https://youtu.be/ugjfcI5p6m0 *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
    *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF

Comment

• Steve Lee
      Steve Lee commented
      Editing a comment
      This is actually a very good response to the original signal applied.

Well duh....you sang the wrong song. This is what he needs to hear. As my grandma used to say, "straighten up and fly right". Glenn.

Comment

Try 10 gauge wires
      Form does not follow function
      Form is simultaneous to function

Comment

I agree with Drummer - if this video proves nothing else, it is that cats will groove to the right beat
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUYvbT6vTPs

Comment

I played Both for him and he wasn't at all stimulated and I was afraid to try my hand at singing again lest I get cat scratch fever.

Comment

Originally posted by lunchmoney View Post
            Try 10 gauge wires
            Agreed. That should fix it. Or at least be a step in the right direction.

Granted, I don't have much experience with cats. Though, I did have one chase me and try to eat me for dinner once... If you think your singing was sour, that thing sounded like Jim Carey showing off the most annoying sound in the world after getting stabbed in the vocal cords and having them packed with broken glass and sandpaper. Probably weighed the same as him, too. I didn't criticize the cat's singing, though. I was too busy relocating my person.. No 12 gauge wire with me. Or 12 gauge anything for that matter. Would have been more happier with something 10 gauge but 12 gauge shoulda worked. Now I make sure to carry something that starts with a 10 anytime I might encounter that shrieking beauty.

So, yes, I am in agreement with 10 something.

Comment

• Steve Lee
              Steve Lee commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, at least the cat is cheaper than a pest control service around here . . .

I tried battery jumper cables but the clamps kept slipping and shorting out the amp so maybe 10 AWG OFC is actually a better option?

Comment

I am well versed with cats as you can tell by my avatar. Play this one and see if your cat doesn't like it...
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_i1YSa9xww

Comment

Working...
              X