• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bungelow_ed
    replied
    Originally posted by skatz View Post
    Gorgeous!
    Thanks! My first and last big build with Rosewood. Way to expensive which leads to stress over coverage and application technique. Maybe I'll paint the next build.

Leave a comment:

• bungelow_ed
    replied
    Originally posted by sam View Post
    Jeff's write up shows the woofer at the top. The passive should go below the woofer or on the side.
    Jeff's passive cabinet does have the passive on the side. For me the cabinet was to narrow for stability with 2 large dogs in the house. I just finished assembling one bass module and put the passive on the bottom. Guess I can assemble the other with the passive on the top and see which sounds better. Only some wire length changes needed to switch.

Leave a comment:

• skatz
    replied
    Gorgeous!

Leave a comment:

• sam
    replied
    Jeff's write up shows the woofer at the top. The passive should go below the woofer or on the side.

Leave a comment:

• bungelow_ed
    started a topic Question About Kairos Bass Modules

Question About Kairos Bass Modules

Been building a pair of Kairos w/ Bass Modules for the last 5-6 weeks. They will be going into a room that is not yet built. One cabinet will have free space on one side while the other will be in a corner. There is some flexibility in placement with as much as 3 feet available from the side wall and the same from front wall.

Given the placement constraints and after looking over the build options I decided to go with a Passive Configuration. Both the driver and passive are on the same cabinet face. Simple enough, until I started thinking. Now the question is should the passive be on the bottom or top? It's possible that it doesn't really matter, but if I don't overthink it....floor bounce, weight distribution, stability, the list goes on and on!

Anyway, what is the common thinking? Eye candy attached.
    Attached Files
Working...
X