X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Parts Express Website!

Our new website is launched!
    This is an exciting step forward for Parts Express as our new website is now responsive on mobile devices and tablets, an area where we’ve seen enormous usage growth.
    We know that there are some bugs and we are working through these diligently to bring you the best user experience possible. We appreciate your honest feedback and are keeping a close eye on this post (and this post) to ensure all issues are captured and resolved quickly. As always, we feel we have the best customers and we strive to give you the personal service and unique products at a great value. Please be patient while we work through these few hiccups with the new site.

Sincerely,

Parts Express Staff

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-01-14.png
Views:	839
Size:	213.9 KB
ID:	1461819 Here's one bug I came across - when I share a link for one of the items from the site to a post on FB, an image of the item isn't displayed. Instead an "Image not available" image is displayed. The link still works though.
    Brian Steele
    www.diysubwoofers.org

Comment

I like seeing if in-stock or back-ordered before I click on the driver specifics.

Comment

I will say I was excited to see the slider for component selection at first, but after trying to use it, I'm extremely disappointed with it. It has always been a complaint of mine that on the old site, that every time you select a value, it reloads the page. I live in a rural area with an internet connection that is not blazingly fast. If I wanted to select multiple values in a range, it would take forever to select them because I would have to wait for the page to reload every time I clicked. I prefer sites more like Mouser and Digikey that allow you to select all the values you want across multiple metrics, then click on an update button to reload the page. I was hoping the slider would provide similar results, but it's just not easy to use. If text boxes were added so you could manually enter the values to define the range, it would be appreciated. Also, an "update" button would be nice so that multiple metrics could be selected before the page is reloaded. If I want to look for 1% AND 2% capacitors, I have to click on 1% and wait for the page to reload before I click on 2%.

Comment

It needs work.

I tried to order some of those buyout 4" drivers, but I couldn't find them. There used to be a "Buyout" tab, and that is gone. And in the list of vendors, there is no "Buyout". Eventually I discovered that there is a vendor listed under "F" for Factory Buyouts. Tried than and there were only two pages, neither of which had the driver I was looking for.

So I tried looking under "On Sale" 22 pages later, I still couldn't find it. Waste of time!

Hmmm...maybe it's under "Clearance." 8 pages later, I give up...still can't find it.

OK, well, it's a woofer...so let's try that. Nope--just 15 products under "Woofer", even though PE sells a LOT more woofers than that!

Next, try "Midrange--/--Midbass-Drivers--AND--Full~Range-Speakers,Woofers". Nope--only 18 products there, and not the one I am looking for

Hmmm...there are a whopping 174 categories here--where could it be? (That is way too many categories!)

Wait a minute! I saved that in my shopping cart--I just need to login and retrieve my cart. So I tried logging in using the credentials saved in my browser and guess what--it doesn't recognize me. I tied 6 other passwords, until I got locked out.

So, no sale today.

Ten minutes later I was browsing Tom's Hardware and see one of those Google ad services with a picture of the driver I was looking for. The link doesn't work anymore, of course, but I can look at the link and find the part number buried in it: 299-320.

I entered that part number, and there it was, with the Category and Brand listed on the left of the page. And the categories and brand name were what I had already tried without success. So it doesn't look like it is possible to find this product from this new menu system.

It looks like there is a lot of work ahead to restore the ability to find things on the site, and PE needs to at least make it possible to log in again with our old credentials.
          Free Passive Speaker Designer Lite (PSD-Lite) -- http://www.audiodevelopers.com/Softw...Lite/setup.exe

Comment

New note: I attempted to click the link from the promotional email this morning to see what's up with the new 8" indoor / outdoor speakers. I would post the link from the email, but it has my subscriber ID buried in it so I will avoid that.

I also have an order heading my way, the tracking link isn't supported on the new site as well. I was able to login the new site and see the order and track that way.
            Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
            Wogg Music
            Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat, SuperNova Minimus

Comment

Originally posted by neildavis View Post
              It looks like there is a lot of work ahead to restore the ability to find things on the site, and PE needs to at least make it possible to log in again with our old credentials.

Totally agree with this. The site doesn't seem ready for prime time. And right now I can't even reach it.
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I do like the "Sealed" and "Vented" Sliders in the subwoofer/woofer section so you can dial in which drivers would be likely to work in your given enclosure volume.
                That could be a timesaver.
                Zarbo Audio Projects Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEZ...aFQSTl6NdOwgxQ * 320-641 Amp Review Youtube: https://youtu.be/ugjfcI5p6m0 *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF

Comment

Unless I am looking in the wrong place, it looks like my saved shopping carts are gone, and the ability to save shopping carts does not appear to be possible.

Comment

Originally posted by 1100xxben View Post
                    Unless I am looking in the wrong place, it looks like my saved shopping carts are gone, and the ability to save shopping carts does not appear to be possible.
                    OK, it looks like they are no longer called "saved carts", but instead called "project lists"... but my previously saved ones are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by 1100xxben View Post

OK, it looks like they are no longer called "saved carts", but instead called "project lists"... but my previously saved ones are gone.
                      I lost my cart also. I had 2 tweeters, 2 midrange and 2 woofers, plus some odds and ends. I'm glad I bookmarked the drivers I need.
                      Break in period = The time it takes for the new speakers to break in. And the time it takes for you ears to get adjusted to the new speakers.

Comment

It looks like they added a new "project list" feature, that should be an improvement over just leaving things in the cart. I'll have to play with it to see if it works like wish lists do on other sites.
                        Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
                        Wogg Music
                        Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat, SuperNova Minimus

Comment

Your changover wiped out my cart items that I had been saving up to order all at once. Now I have to go back and reconstruct it. Or not

Comment

Definitely agree with most of the comments above. The search does not bring up what I'm looking for, and the menu navigation seems imprecise. On the capacitor page, if you move the slider to limit the results to anything between .96 to 10 uf, for example, it removes most items on the list. I like that function in theory ...

Comment

I wish it still let you filter by items in stock.

Comment

Working...
                              X