Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

External Sound/Audio adapter with Speaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External Sound/Audio adapter with Speaker?

I need an external PC/Laptop adapter that also has a speaker... Help?

More information needed...

Comment

Originally posted by buggers View Post
      More information needed...
      Thanks for the read.

It seems my laptop's audio/sound driver was removed from a Microsoft update. My attempt to find the missing driver failed as the laptop's manufacture no longer exists. I also purchased multiple search-and-find missing drivers products that did not work either.

As a result, I'm looking for a solution to get sound back.

Anything else that would be helpful to know?

Comment

There are many, many USB sound options. You'll need one of those and a speaker set. Questions: Do you want it to be self contained with sound, are you willing to build, are you really willing to build with electronics, what kind of sound are you looking for... all that.
        Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
        Wogg Music
        Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat, SuperNova Minimus

Comment

Hard to believe that a (compatible) driver can't be found ...

Too long ago to run a "System Restore" ?

Comment

Originally posted by wogg View Post
            There are many, many USB sound options. You'll need one of those and a speaker set. Questions: Do you want it to be self contained with sound, are you willing to build, are you really willing to build with electronics, what kind of sound are you looking for... all that.
            Plug & Play would be best. Sound quality not so important. I mostly use this laptop for short instructional videos.

I've seen a bunch of USB adapters, but it seems they require plug-in speakers.

Since this is laptop, is there a solution that doesn't require the addition of speakers?

Comment

There no way to pipe it back into the laptop speakers, so you'll need something external that has built in speakers and the USB interface. Google USB speakers. It looks like a Logitech S150 would do it.
              Electronics engineer, woofer enthusiast, and musician.
              Wogg Music
              Published projects: PPA100 Bass Guitar Amp, ISO El-Cheapo Sub, Indy 8 2.1 powered sub, MicroSat, SuperNova Minimus

Comment

Restoring the computer to before the event is one option. What is the make, model, and approximate year of the laptop?

Comment

Originally posted by wogg View Post
                  There no way to pipe it back into the laptop speakers, so you'll need something external that has built in speakers and the USB interface. Google USB speakers. It looks like a Logitech S150 would do it.
                  Your search criteria helped. Much better results using "USB speakers".

Comment

Originally posted by buggers View Post
                    Restoring the computer to before the event is one option. What is the make, model, and approximate year of the laptop?
                    Irula S14 - 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CCinPA View Post
                      Irula S14 - 2016
                      In web searches, I found no references to "Irula" brand of laptops, conputers.

I did find an "iRulu" brand.

http://www.google.com/search?q=iRulu+S14+audio+driver

"Our Nation’s interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised
                      of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance."
                      - from the October 2007 U.S. Naval capstone doctrine
                      A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower
                      (a lofty notion since removed in the March 2015 revision)

Comment

Originally posted by JRT View Post

In web searches, I found no references to "Irula" brand of laptops, conputers.

I did find an "iRulu" brand.

http://www.google.com/search?q=iRulu+S14+audio+driver
                        The first search result is me CCinPA

I had worked with Microsoft and they gave me the same link to do that download. Did not work.

Other stuff like "Dangerous Website Blocked"

I have also purchased a few products that were suppose to located the missing drivers and install... No good.

Comment

When you go into the control panel and select Hardware and Sound > Sound what shows up as the playback device?
                          www.billfitzmaurice.com
                          www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

A bluetooth dongle (if not built in) plus bluetooth speaker might be a portable modestly priced solution.

In your position I would boot into linux and have a look at the devices recognised and not recognised. Don't need to touch the installed Windows just create a bootable USB stick (or DVD/CD if decades old). If the sound works then it is very likely to be fixable in Windows by following the relevant chips and their windows drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by andy19191 View Post
                              A bluetooth dongle (if not built in) plus bluetooth speaker might be a portable modestly priced solution.

In your position I would boot into linux and have a look at the devices recognised and not recognised. Don't need to touch the installed Windows just create a bootable USB stick (or DVD/CD if decades old). If the sound works then it is very likely to be fixable in Windows by following the relevant chips and their windows drivers.
                              Thanks... But this is above me!

Comment

Working...
                              X