No announcement yet.

Continuum MTM MLTL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Jeff publish the MTM XO design or is it in the public domain?

Also, is the ML TL cabinet design published, dimensions and stuffing guide?

Comment

• Paul K.
      Paul K. commented
      Editing a comment
      See Post #19 for cabinet design details.
      Paul

The Continuums (and II) are not public xover information.
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by dlneubec View Post
      Good to see you back again, Maynard! Beautiful work, as usual.

I have two daughters who now have 3 pairs of my speakers between them and one has her eyes on another pair! It's great to have your work being enjoyed regularly by friends and/or family.
      Thank you, Dan. Hope to see you again at an event someday.

Comment

Here are the ML-TL cabinet details:
        The cabinet has internal dimensions of 40"H x 6.5"W x 9.5"D. The tweeter's center (the TL design center) of the MTM array is located 8" below the internal top, and the port's center is located 3" above the internal bottom (37" below the internal top). The port has a diameter of 2.5" and a length of 5". The top 25.5" of the cabinet are filled with polyester fiber at a density of 1.0 lb/ft3, requiring a total of 14-15 ounces of fiber. The system is tuned to 32 Hz but f3 was intentionally limited to 40 Hz in order to not over-drive the mid-woofers and allow a bit higher SPL output (103 dB SPL, before BSC compensation, with an input of 25w/1m ). I modeled this with an internal width of 6" in order to create and "extra" volume of ~190 in3 to help compensate for consumed volumes.
        Paul
        Here's the modeled system bass response (red line) for the 25w/1m input:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Continuum MTM.gif Views:	0 Size:	6.3 KB ID:	1463434
        Last edited by Paul K.; 02-02-2021, 06:19 PM.

Comment

It's a shame that there isn't an available MTM kit with the Morel tweeter. That would have been right at the top of my list.

Comment

Working...
          X