Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New computer does not have CD player. How do I load Woofer Tester 3 software???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New computer does not have CD player. How do I load Woofer Tester 3 software???

Hi All. my old laptop died and my new laptop does not have a CD player so I can't load the software for Woofer Tester 3 v1.0.4

I know this is the old and first version of the software but it worked well and gave me what I needed to design crossovers.

Any suggestions what I can do? I have not been able to find the software as a download anywhere on the net.

I believe you can download the file at Dayton Audio website
    https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

You can buy an external CD/DVD/Bluray burner drive for $15-30 on amazon.

Comment

If you have another computer somewhere in the house with a drive you can put it in there and mount across the network. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's been my experience that the (old hardware) WT3 should be compatible w/virtually ANY vers. of WT or DATS software.
          I suggest you just try loading whatever (newer stuff) you CAN find and see if it's acceptable.
          Most upgrades have added several features, but the interface and display (and files) won't really seem different to you.

Comment

I have WT3. It got really cranky, so on a lark I downloaded the DATS software. It works better than the WT3 software did.
            www.billfitzmaurice.com
            www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

I don't know the SW, but if you have anybody with a pc with a CD you can extract the .ISO (WinCDEMU comes to mind...) and then run it on a virtual drive on your laptop using something like "Daemon Tool" or similar. Any PC store should also be able to do it in 10 mins...Sorry I'm not updated on the latest softwares because I haven't used them in ages.

Comment

• 1100xxben
                1100xxben commented
                Editing a comment
                FYI, Windows 10 natively allows you to mount an ISO image to a virtual drive without any extra software/tools installed.

Put it ( or have it put ) on a USB stick .

Comment

Originally posted by djnagle View Post
                Hi All. my old laptop died and my new laptop does not have a CD player...
                Seems that might make it excessively difficult to use the new laptop to rip CDs to FLAC files.
                "Our Nation’s interests are best served by fostering a peaceful global system comprised
                of interdependent networks of trade, finance, information, law, people and governance."
                - from the October 2007 U.S. Naval capstone doctrine
                A Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower
                (a lofty notion since removed in the March 2015 revision)

Comment

The lack of CD drives in laptops today isn't that unusual. There's not much out there that can't be downloaded. For instance, I've used H&R block tax software for nearly 20 years. It's no longer available on CD. It's now download only. CD use in cars is dying out as well. The preferred method is to play off a phone into the car system via bluetooth or to plug in a USB stick.
                  www.billfitzmaurice.com
                  www.billfitzmaurice.info/forum

Comment

I have it saved on my Google Drive. Download here.

Comment

Working...
                    X