Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT - raspberry pi music player/speaker combo, anyone got any examples?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have piCorePlayer streaming straight to a Topping D10s DAC. I get DSD, 384/24 PCM and sound quality that would cost a lot times more than commercial gear.
    Line Array: IDS-25 Clone, FE-83.
    2-2.5 Way:
    Zaph Audio's winning entry: ZA5+SB29. - Microliths: RS125+RS28. - Small Bangs: TB W4-1658SB+SEAS 27TBFC/G. - Monoliths: Peerless 830884+SEAS 27TBFC/G.
    3-3.5 Way:Miniliths: SEAS P21/CA21REX+Neo8 PDR+Neo3 PDR. - Megaliths: 2xDayton RS270+2xT-B W4-1337SB+SB29. - ZDT3.5 +: 2xDayton RS180+Dayton RS52+Vifa DQ25. Reflexos: OB 4xDayton RS150 + Neo3 PDR.

Comment

This is a great idea. I don't know if there's really any apps for the Pi that are kid-friendly, though. I say this as someone who uses Volumio. It's good, but it's not dead-simple-your-grandma-can-do-it-iOS app intuitive.

I'm almost wondering if it's easier to get a kid-friendly MP3 player or tablet, and mount that to the enclosure. Then just build a self-powered speaker around that.
      Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
      Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Carmody View Post
        This is a great idea. I don't know if there's really any apps for the Pi that are kid-friendly, though. I say this as someone who uses Volumio. It's good, but it's not dead-simple-your-grandma-can-do-it-iOS app intuitive.

I'm almost wondering if it's easier to get a kid-friendly MP3 player or tablet, and mount that to the enclosure. Then just build a self-powered speaker around that.
        For the kid I'm going to use a oneplus one I have lying around and.jist a 5v or 12v amp I have lying around....I might try the touch screen and zero build for a different build I'm.also doing concurrently

Comment

After several years usage, I've become satisfied with this setup. A pi 3 with an IQ Audio dsp hat installed. This particular device has balanced outputs which I feed into a Crown amp. Im running Moode and it continues to be rock solid and has the advantage of graphic and parametric equalizers available. Moode is available on any pc on the home netwok i you want to change settings etc., but I rarely look at it. It stays in the background unless I wish to adjust some parameter. Music source is Amazon subscription on top of Prime, I find it to be easy to use and not so loaded with predictive alogrithms that try to feed you pop music. This runs on an ipad, and connects to Moode though airplay. I found Airplay to have much better sq than bluetooth....hence the decision for an Apple device. Very nice quality, easy to use, makes me appeciate the golden age of music availability we live in.

Comment

Working...
          X